Chapter 34 - Scars

The morning is surprisingly light. I lie in Trent's arms, feeling warm and....and absolutely loved.

Involuntarily, I smile to myself and snuggle deeper into his arms.

I know it sounds weird, but I stare at him. Looking at him is wonderful.

My heart begins to swell, full of emotions that I rarely experienced in the past.

Isn't it funny how you can love someone within Weeks?

"I know you're awake, Krystle." A smile forms on his lips and I look away, hiding my obvious embarrassment.

He grabs my chin and gently makes me look him in the eyes. "Look at that."

"Shut up." I scowl playfully, feeling dramatically light. But buried in the back of my head, I know this will be over soon, so I try to take this moment.

He quickly wraps his arms around me, holding me tight. "I love you. I really, really do. I don't care if it's too soon, because I know. No one else is ever in my head."

I snort and shake my head. "You're dramatic."

"Yes, but I'm always very serious."

Blushing, I kiss his cheek and hop off the bed, heaving a sigh of despair. "We gotta get dressed, someone is bound to barge in."

He stumbles after me when I enter the bathroom, eager to try the shower, knowing I desperately need to cleanse myself.

"We can shower together." Trent says, beaming.

"No." I say quickly. "I don't like being seen."

"I saw you last night."

"It was darkish." I stare at the wall. "You couldn't have seen as well as I."

I'm turned away so he can't see the front of me.

"Krystle." He complains.

The mood is gone, replaced with confusion and lurking pain.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I'm disgusting." I whisper.

With a force, he turns me. "Listen to me Krystle--"

He stops abruptly when he sees the scars on my chest, still pinkish and torn-looking.

I glare, feeling like a disgusting specimen. "I told you!"

Trent looks me in the eyes. "Krystle. I don't care. I still find you so very...handsome, beautiful, I find you as Krystle. Scars won't change a thing, but," He yanks me to him, "How'd they get there?"

Here was the difficult part, it seems I always have to reveal new surprises to him everyday.

I sigh. "It's Rakin."

"Rakin?"

I trace my scar, and murmur, "It's my demon. He's trying to escape. He claws at me from the inside and leaves marks. Rakin is literally internal."

"He's hurting you." Trent didn't ask it.

"It's like trying to free something you're holding in too long. It hurts more to keep it inside."

He puts his hand on my scar and Rakin purrs, feeling it.

"Stop. Wherever he tore is his part. He feels it more than I do. He likes it." I say, Rakin's purrs flood my head.

Mine, he suddenly growls.

I shake my head, Shut up and go away.

Oh, but this is my body as well, Keleck.

I curl my fingers and try to keep my spiraling mix of emotions in tact.

"So...about that shower?"

I peer into Trent's eyes, unflinching, and a sudden rush of feelings surround me.

Lust...trust...eagerness..happiness...concern...affection...love..

So much love...

My heart suddenly aches, my own emotions swirling and blooming. And unfamiliar feeling swims about in the empty space that's now full.

Love? Is it love?

Rakin batters around inside, the feelings making him excited and uncomfortable.

I realize I'm focusing too deeply on Trent, looking into his eyes had given me a glimpse of his mind.

I flinch and look away. "Okay."

I don't want to hurt him, in any way. All this time I've rejected and ignored him. He doesn't deserve it anymore. Not someone who...who puts up with me.

#############

After the shower we're dressed identically, snuggling on the sheet-less bed watching TV.

There's a knock on the door. "Keleck?"

Male.

He sounds familiar so I get up nd open the door.

It's Cozach.

"Yeah?"

"Today we begin a mini tour for you and...them."

By them, he meant the humans.

"Ah...yeah...oh.." I say, a little confused.

"Well...come now. No time to waste." And he left.

I blow out a breath. Great. More adventures.