Chapter Thirteen- 'Him'

[ Trent's P.O.V ]

I'm cornered between my couch and Krystle, and I watch as he moves closer with each passing second. I press one hand in place, so I stop myself from touching him, or dashing away.

"Hey, what are you doing? Are you okay?" I look up at him, my breath accelerating, and a certain thrill coursing through my veins.

His hand slowly reaches up and caresses my face with delicate, long fingers. My heart skips a beat, and I tremble under his gentle touch. He notices and his red eyes flash with a very wicked gleam.

"Do you like this?" He asks. His voice is more deep than from his usual composed, smooth one, and continues to stroke my cheek lightly.

This is torture! Why is he doing this?

I squirm, and finally seek the will to push his hand off my face, "Why are you doing this? What's going on?"

He cocks his head to the side, his sharp eyes searching my face. "So, you don't like my touch?"

Is he serious? Is that what he's worrying about?

"No......it's not....." I sigh, looking for the words that I cannot find.

Unexpectedly, he grasps my chin in both his hands, his and he leans so close, his moist lips a breath away from mine.

"Krystle, your cousins are right outside. What if they come in and see?" I ask, hearing my own voice quake slightly.

"So? Is it so wrong to see us kissing?" He challenges.

I glare. I finally can't handle it, and I push him away and jump off the couch. "Look, why are you doing this? If it's that kiss I gave you, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. If this is some lesson you're trying to teach me, I get it. But you looked so vulnerable and lost, and I didn't want you to look that way, I wanted to take it all away, and I just kissed you. I-"

"Shut up! Stop talking like that!" He lashes out suddenly, he's standing up and clutching his head between his hands.

"What is your problem? What did I do?" I question. I walk up to him him with reasonable distance, about to touch his shoulder for comfort.

"No. Don't touch me. He'll take over again." He warns stiffly.

" He'll? Who is He'll-" I stop, thinking. "Wait, is it your uncle? What did he do? Did he hurt you again?"

He shakes his head viciously. "No....j-just go!"

"I'm not going to leave you." I say firmly.

He turns around to look at me. "You'll never understand."

"Do you want to go home? I can take you back if you really want to leave that badly." I offer.

Suddenly, I fear he'll take me up on my offer, and go back to his uncle. I don't want him hurt anymore. He's suffered so much. It's horror trying to imagine how he's survived. He must be brave.

He shakes his head again. "No. My cousins want to stay, so I'll stay for them."

I observe him suspiciously. "For them......or for your uncle?"

He peers up at me. "Both."

I notice him scratching his wrist nervously. It has bracelets and bands covering up most of the skin. I try and get a clearer look, but the backdoor opens, and Krystle's two cousins come barreling in, along with my brother's friends. They're smiling hugely, and the girls are laughing.

"Hey, guys." Faith greets, and I'm aware of how quickly Krystle composes himself in front of them, but I see him clenching his jaw repeatedly.

We all hang out inside for awhile, and when Joana comes back from work, we have a cookout, and I watch as Krystle picks at his more than eating it like the rest of us.

Soon, we're all challenging each other against the games we have. Except Krystle, who simply watches with no interest.

Later, Cassie assumes it's funny to have, what they call a Bubble Fight, in my brother's and my kitchen. A reasonable amount of my clothing ends up soaked. And I actually watch, astonished, when Krystle hides behind my couch, or any other place he won't get attacked with the soap.

Faith explains how he hates messing up his hair or clothes, before resuming to attack Travis.

Finally, when everyone, besides Krystle, dries off, Faith gathers up, and they get ready to leave.

I look at Krystle as he walks out. Sad to know he doesn't attempt one glance back. I close the door, and settle on my couch.

I feel a nudge, and Joana grins lazily at me. "So, is he your boyfriend or something?"

"What? No. Dude, no. he's not." I feel my cheeks heat with blood, and I slug him in the shoulder.

He chuckles. "Yeah, sure. Your face is all the proof I need."

"He's not though." I say, feeling a bit sad by the truth.

"But you like him, don't you?" He raises a brow, warning me not to change subject, and get to the point. Psh, it's not like I can lie to him. He reads me like a freaking book.

"Yeah, I do. But I have no clue if he....likes me in the same way." I admit sullenly.

He pushes my shoulder. "What? Come on, who wouldn't like my bro? Anyone would be grateful to have you. He probably does, he just doesn't know it yet either. Something has to happen to you, and if he fears the thought of losing you, then you have your answer."

"Yeah, thanks." I snort.

"I'm serious. He needs to know what he's losing to prove if he feels the same."

I ruffle his hair and bat my lashes like a girl. "Oh, Joana, you're, yet again, the savoir of the day. Shall I give you a kiss for your wise words? Hmm.....I think I should!"

He shakes.his head, and fakes disgust. "Oooh, the horrors of ones' kiss. Nah, save your kisses for that other dude, alright?"

I slump. "Yeah, sure." I quickly get up. "I'm gonna go and crash in my room. Night."

"Psh, where else can you 'crash'?" He says sarcastically.

I shake my head and make my way to my room. Which's small.

I lie on my bed and try to sleep. But I keep thinking about what his uncle does to him when he's back at the house he lives in. He's probably blamed for all his unlce's mistakes. Beaten.

I shiver at the thought. Him, doing nothing, and his uncle just decides when he needs to release anger on him.

I need to help him.

I might even have to save him.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hello readers! Here's the next chapter! Three cheers.

Please, please, pleeeeease comment and vote! It would mean the world to me right now.

Explain how you liked, or just vote. If you didn't enjoy, them stop wasting your time, and sticking your nose in my books, and just leave. I don't need you giving crap, because this is for those who E-N-J-O-Y  my stories.

Hope you likeyed it.