Cafe on the Left Bank

You walked back to your hotel room with your grandkids, admiring the holy slip of paper Paul gave to you.

The smirk on your face never left for the rest of the night.

"We made her very happy, Jake." Veronica smiled.

Jake was glad but was more concerned with what was to come from the digits.

"Are you and Paul going on a date?"

"Well...we'll just have to see tomorrow." you haven't gone on any dates unless you count the tiny ones with Paul in your childhood.

As excited as you were, it was a bit worrisome. You didn't want anything to go awry and lose your Paulie again.

It's just stress.

You fall asleep and bask in the thoughts of what is to come...

"MORNING GRANDMA! READY FOR YOUR DATE?" Jake bounced on the bed, waking you up instantly.

"Yes, Jake, I'm more than ready..." you say groggily, pulling yourself out the comforting blankets, aiming to make yourself presentable.

"Grandma! Paul wants to talk to you!" Veronica excitedly screams, blocking your path.

You take the phone out of her hands. "Good morning, Paul. A bit early to be calling me, don't you think?"

"Tell that to your grandkids. They were the ones to call me."

"Of course they were. Who did it?"

"Veronica did."

"Really? Jake is the troublemaker of the two, I thought it would be him. But out of them, she's the most supportive, so I guess she's just trying to help."

"She is sweet, I'll say that. Anyway, I know a little cafe that we can go to if you'd like."

"That sounds terrific!"

"See you then, Y/N."

You didn't bring the nicest clothes or anything to make you stand out on the trip, but you had a formal enough blouse that you slipped on.

"You look delightful, grandma!" Veronica praised. You hadn't even asked how you looked.

A few hours later, Paul had arrived, appearing in much more ornate apparel than you.

"Paul, you look marvelous..." you were practically in a trance from his beauty. You hadn't been exposed to it for so long.

"You look rather ravishing yourself." he winked. That wink could kill someone.

"This? This is just something I had, it's nothing."

"I love it. Come on, my dear, let's go."

I had briefly warned the kids not to get into trouble before taking off, leaving Veronica in charge.

"Why does Veronica always get to be in-"

You're not dealing with this. You're prepared for a fun day out with Paul.

You walked along the road to this cafe, a peaceful one with hardly any people. Poor Paulie would most likely have been mauled by fangirls.

The cafe wasn't too busy, perfect for both of you. There were people in it who were talking rather loudly, and a man who wouldn't stop staring at you.

But ignoring the background people, you focused on your Paul, who was a total sweetheart the entire time.

He couldn't keep his hands off of you. He was holding your hand at every opportunity he got.

Still such a hopeless romantic.

The cafe wasn't that spectacular. You were sure Paul knew that, too, since you both kept eating minimally from the mediocre taste.

You were more focused on each other.

Paul paid for you both like the gentleman he is, and you decided to walk around the city, chatting.

"That cafe wasn't the best, was it?" Paul giggled.

"Not at all. You should choose better next time."

"Hey! I try to be nice and take you out and you treat me like this?"

"Paul, I'm just joking. Despite how ordinary it was, I loved spending time with you again."

"Y'know, we're not done yet."

"What do you mean?"

"I've got another place we can go to, but it's a surprise!"