Night Out

The calendar showed June 18. Today is the day, which just happened to be Paul's birthday as well. You were practically jumping off the walls with excitement to see your Paulie again. It was the first time where you had been thankful for the trouble your grandkids commit. They were even quite ecstatic about the situation, packing rather quickly.

Once everything was packed, you headed off to the hotel, a rather fancy one at that. Bright lights shimmering from the chandeliers above, a fountain as the centerpiece, and a royal red carpet rolled out in front of you leading to the reception desk. Jake and Veronica must have spent a fortune on this alone. How did they know they know to find something so luxurious?

At the moment, you didn't mind. It's all you've dreamt of, so as of now, it doesn't matter that this is all happening because money was unfairly taken from Lucy and Maxwell. You were having the time of your life, and this wild ride had just begun.

Unlocking the door, you feasted your eyes on another wonder: the room itself. It wasn't your typical one, oh no,  this was a five-star penthouse that took up two stories, certainly nothing you've ever been inside of before.

How could they afford such ornate qualities as these?

Oh right...

Your grandkids were frantically jumping up and down, frolicking in the large space, halting after your scolding.

"You two realize that once we return, your parents are going to teach you a big lesson about stealing, right?" You laughed.

"We know..." they say in unison.

You smiled. "We've got a few hours until the show, what shall we do?"

"We're going to have an amazing night out, that's what. This is going to be the best day of your life." Veronica seemed very determined to make you happy tonight, Jake following.

The first stop was simply a pizza parlor since everyone was starving, particularly Jake. The gooey, cheesy substance always brought happiness to you three, and the unique varieties the locale brought to the table impressed everyone. 

After that, you looked around the city a bit, wasting time before the concert. This community had several shops that weren't in your district, which means this was your chance to take back a souvenir or two. 

Finally, at long last, it was nearly time. The broad and striking garden-like expanse connected the stadium with long and winding pathways. Thousands of fellow fans chatted with each other, though none knew the man as you did.

You were so engaged in cherishing the scenery that you had lost sight of Jake and Veronica. They had let their wild curiosity get the better of them, running amok and eventually settling down to talk to a total stranger.

"Jake! Veronica! You know better than to talk to strangers! Come back here!" You yelled, running after them, completely out of breath.

They frowned, lowering their heads in shame. "Sorry, grandma. We just told her that you knew Paul..." Jake mumbled.

You looked away, closing your eyes tightly to ensure you don't break out in tears again. As you get yourself together again, your eyes gravitate towards a t-shirt stand. You jerk your grandkids over to it instantly.

They looked so lovely. The designs with the one you once loved on them were eloquent and flawlessly crafted. Your eyes were glued to two formats, in particular, that you needed in your life.

"Hey, kids...is it possible for you to steal some more of your parents' money?"

That's a question you never thought you'd ask. But those shirts were $40 each, and you really wanted two of them.

Was it worth spending $80?

Yes. Yes, it was.

These shirts were your new prized possessions.

Unexpectedly, the stranger from before approaches you and tells you about the limo watch.

"It's wonderful! You get to watch him get out of the limo. Your grandkids told me how you met Paul and how he was your best friend, and I know the security here, so I can get you three in if you want."

Is this a dream?

She led you to the area, where loads of other crazy fans waited to see Paul.

The limousine pulled out, where Paul waved to you. Directly to you.

While your grandkids may have gone a little insane, similar to the girls in the early days of Beatlemania, you were merely appalled.

"I don't think grandma is ok." Veronica chuckled.

"I'm perfectly fine, kiddies. In fact, I'm having the greatest day of my life."

"Success!"

This chapter and the next one are based on my experiences seeing Paul, for the most part. If you want to know the actual stories, just ask! The next chapter will actually contain the concert itself, but this had some true factors too, a little bit was false but most was correct.