Time to Hide

You soon found your seats that were located in the second last row in the balcony. Horrendous positions, but all of the vivid decor in the hotel and the fact that you've been placed in multiple once in a lifetime occurrences today, this didn't matter. 

Now, as the ceiling lights dimmed and the stage ones shone, the angel you know and love holding a bass left-handed appeared in the spotlight. He still had that charm inside of him even at his age.

"Hold me, guys..." you begged, feeling like you could explode at that very moment.

His first song was one you remembered fondly: "Got to Get You Into My Life".

After it was over, the McCartney humor you knew and loved kicked in as soon as he began skimming over the fans' signs. One, in particular, didn't say how much this person idolized Paul for years, but instead, plainly spoke a word: foot.

How bizarre! It was most likely a trick to grab his attention, and it worked. Nonetheless, it was hilarious.

The musical memories came rushing back to you with every song- Maybe I'm Amazed, My Valentine, Temporary Secretary, Let it Be, Dance Tonight, Letting Go, and so much more.

The three hours he played for moved by quicker than it seemed. It felt like it had gone by in the blink of an eye.

The confetti had been shot out into the main audience. You had no chance of obtaining a piece, but you were satisfied with enough with this whole experience, Jake and Veronica even agreeing with you.

"See Jake? He's great...wait, where is Jake?" Veronica asked.

Right on cue, Jake leaped in the air, holding a sliver of confetti.

"I got one, grandma! Also, this isn't the end of our journey."

You gave a puzzled look. How could things get any better?

"We're going to reunite you with Paul!"

This had even caused Veronica to widen her eyes.

"Jake...we couldn't get those tickets. Those were far too expensive, we had to set a limit somewhere!" she reminded.

"I know, but we met that one girl earlier who knows the security here, so all we have to do is find her and have them let us in!"

"That's a lot harder than it looks."

"Well...as a last resort, we'll sneak backstage and just hide."

"Are you serious? We could get in a lot of trouble!"

"We're doing this for grandma."

They weren't keeping their voices at a low enough volume for you to not hear their plan. Sneaking around backstage? It's a risky decision, but considering the night you've had already, what have you got to lose?

"I'm in. Bring me to Paul, kids." you stated. This was the first time you had felt so alive in years.

They both smiled, not expecting you to go along with their master scheme. They led you to an area backstage, packed with guards.

"Veronica, we've got a problem." Jake sighed, gazing over the secretive spot they resided in.

She examined, understanding the predicament.
"I think we just need to hide here for a while."

If this is what was necessary to work your way back to Paul, it's worth it.

Once again, this is based on my actual experiences seeing Paul, aside from the ending of course. If you want to know the details just ask 😌