Paul McCartney

Your narrations are in italics. Everything else is normal.

"Well kids, when I was your age, I had a very odd childhood, to say the least..."

I was born an only child. The neighborhood didn't have anyone I could play with, and even if it did, I was shy as could be. At family gatherings, I wouldn't talk to any relatives.

But then school came around.

I was terrified from the start. I hadn't gotten any form of head start like I could tell some of the other kids had, so at this point, I was the lowest of the low. The most I knew was from constantly going outside and exploring. I had loved the outdoors and was curious about the world around me, but I'd never been able to adventure like I wanted to.

Well, now you know the background information. We can finally get to the highlight of my life, which brought me the most joy...

Like I had said previously, I wasn't smart and was the shyest anyone could be so that obviously made me unpopular according to everyone around me.

"But, grandma, couldn't you just get extra help?" Jake asked.

"And couldn't you practice talking to others?" Veronica inquired.

"It's not that easy, kids." you sighed.

You wished it was that easy for you.

I tried doing both of those things, actually. Both were failures.

I wanted my parents to tutor me? They were too busy.

Did I want to practice myself talking to others? I froze up every time.

But back to the point, due to those factors, I had no friends, which means no one was my partner in group activities. Every time we had one, I always got stuck in one group of three.

Until that one special day where he came to the rescue.

"Who is he?" Both kids eagerly questioned.

Paul McCartney.

I knew that I'd just have to be in another group of three that wouldn't be cooperative in any way towards me during whatever we were doing, but that sweet boy approached me asking the question that changed everything:

"You don't seem to have anyone. Do you want to be my partner?"

I simply nodded, glad that someone had it in their heart to even approach me.

After working for a while, he noticed the obvious.

"You shy?"

Once again, I could only nod as a reply.

He barely held my hand for a few seconds, causing me to turn as red as a tomato. I swear, he was a romantic boy even at age five, and he hardly knew me.

"I'll tell you what: I'll do the talking and you can do anything that's easier for you. Will that help?"

Before I could answer, the teacher walked by and scolded him, telling him to keep his hands to himself.

"Well... I'll assume that it will."

When it did come time to present, Paul spoke the whole time while I held our project and pointed to what Paul talked about. Nobody even cared that I didn't say a single word. We got a perfect score and that's all that mattered.

But what mattered the most was what happened afterward.

"We make a pretty great team, y' know. Do you want to be friends? My name is Paul, by the way."

I couldn't believe it. My very first friend? I nodded vigorously with the biggest, stupidest smile on my face.

"Maybe I can teach you to speak to others too."

And at that moment was when I said my first words to anyone in that classroom, including the teacher.

"Thank you...Paul..."

He seemed so proud of me at that moment.

With the help of him, I was speaking to more and more people confidently, and soon, our friendship couldn't be broken.

It's a miracle... I updated this story! I didn't know some of you guys liked it so much from the first chapter alone... thanks! Yes, this story will continue now. I've gotten back into it!