CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

The day after she had come back to Hogwarts someone had come to visit her very late at night. She had gotten out of bed and was sitting by one of the windows looking at the moon when she had heard someone behind her. She had turned around, fear seizing up her body at the fright, but relaxing at the sight of who was standing there.

"It's just me." Draco said, holding his arms up in surrender.

"Hi, Draco." she said softly, relaxing her tense shoulders and resting her head onto her knees.

"Are you okay?" He asked, coming straight to the point, walking right up to the window frame she was sitting in, a concerned look adorning his face. She nodded solemnly and watched as he visibly relaxed.

"I was so glad when I heard you had gotten away. And I'm glad you're safe again. I really am sorry for what happened to you."

"I know, Draco, but you don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault."

Draco had left soon after, not wanting to be seen talking to her by the Carrows.

___________

The next day Jude payed her a visit. Aurora was slightly surprised to see her since she figured if she wanted to come, she would have done so sooner, but alas, there she stood at the end of her bed.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, Aurora." she said softly, looking at her bruises with a saddened expression. "You're so brave."

Aurora gave her a sad smile. "Thank you, Jude." She beckoned for her to sit down on the chair beside her bed. "It's nice to see you again. I've missed the company." Aurora said, trying to divert the topic to something less about her. 

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I didn't know you were here at the castle until early this morning. I heard Malfoy mention it to Zabini in the halls and came as quickly as I could. I really am sorry for not coming earlier." She looked very guilty.

"I understand you couldn't' visit me if you didn't know I was here." Aurora said, placing a hand on hers. "What matters is that you at least came to see me. Thank you." she removed her hand and placed it on her stomach, but the movement made her gut flare up and she winced, clutching her stomach.

"What happened to you?" Jude asked sadly, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. After the pain died down, Aurora told her briefly. 

As she and Jude conversed, Draco walked in but stopped abruptly in the doorway at the site of Jude sitting beside her. He began to turn around, but Aurora had noticed him and beckoned him over with a smile. Beside her Jude looked slightly nervous at the arrival of the Slytherin.

"Hi!" She exclaimed excitedly to Draco, glad for all the company she was receiving. "Draco this is Jude." She said gesturing to a blushing Jude, "and Jude this is Draco." They gave each other awkward nods and Aurora had to hide a grin and the tense atmosphere. 

"So, what are you doing here, Draco?" She asked to break the sudden silence which had engulfed the room.

"I was going to talk to you about something, but it can wait." He said, demeanor far from relaxed as he gave Jude a pointed look. Aurora frowned at him and gave him an "are you serious look". He didn't look amused.

"You can talk to me now if you'd like. I don't mind Jude being here." She said smiling at an awkward looking Jude. "Unless you mind." She added turning to Draco, who still looked serious and was not smiling back.

"Fine then." Draco said, clearly aggravated. Aurora wasn't sure what had happened or if she had done something to make him like this. She was slightly worried because Draco rarely acted like this to her anymore. "I want to know why you're in the hospital wing." She was taken aback by his question and looked at him curiously.