CHAPTER ELEVEN

She lay there until Harry Potter found her unconscious and severely beaten, and was hastily taken to the Hospital Wing. It had all ready gone a few hours before she was found, and she had a lot of internal bleeding, so she was transferred to St Mungos within half an hour of her arrival to the Hospital Wing.

Harry Potter made out to find Hermione to tell her what had happened, and when he did he had to comfort his friend who had sobbed her heart out in his arms. Harry felt sorry for her, she had been struggling so much lately. The next day he accompanied her to St Mungos for a day to see her girlfriend who was still unconscious. That was the first time Hermione Granger skipped classes.

She was back the next day, though, and miserable as ever. She knew who had done this to Aurora and was terrified for her, but also for herself. Harry seemed to pick up on this and kept her company in the halls, resulting in her not being alone for Blake and Malfoy to attack. In potions she noticed Snape eyeing her, no doubt wondering where is daughter was, but obviousley didn't care enough to ask. That was until the fifth potions class of the week after Aurora was sent to St Mungos, Snape spoke to her for the first time that year.

"Miss Granger, you are to stay after class." she nodded at him, slightly scared of what he would do once they were alone, but knew she must keep her wits about her. Once class ended she packed up and walked over to his desk at the front of the room, grabbing the strap of her shoulder bag nervously. 

"You wanted to see me, Sir." she spoke, not making eye contact with her girlfriends father because he intimidated her to no end.

"Where is Aurora? What is she getting up to?" His face seemed indifferent and cold, but he must be slightly concerned if he resorted to asking her. At first she wanted to ask why he would be asking her if they aren't supposed to be seeing each other, but she didn't dare.

"She's not here." she said, swallowing harshly at the image of Aurora beaten to a pulp resurfacing in her mind.

"Then where, pray tell, might she be?" he asked, clearly fed up with her already. She hesitated before answering this time, not quite sure of the reaction she would get from answering him.

"....at St Mungos, Sir." She dared to look up at him and she was not prepared for what awaited her. Snape looked petrified. His skin was paler then normal and his black eyes were wide. He abruptly stood up, hands slamming down on the table, scaring her and making her take a good few steps back from the seething man.

"Why is she at St Mungos!" he almost yelled. She swallowed again before answering trying to keep the fear out of her voice.

"...She was attacked, sir." Hermione stood with her back straight as she remembered Harry storming into the Gryffindor common room to her to tell her the bad news.

"By whom?" she didn't answer at once. She wasn't sure how he would react to it being Malfoy and Blake. They were his favored students after all and he had for the past month and a half ignored his daughters existence and practically disowned her. He might turn it against Aurora for all Hermione knew.

Snape didn't like her hesitating, it made him scared and when he got scared he got angry, so he advanced on her, making her back up even more, scared out of her wits.

"Who. Was. It. Miss Granger?" he said in a seething whisper.

"...Blake, Malfoy and his gang." With those words Snape turned and stormed out of the classroom with such haste that he was gone in the blink of an eye. She wasn't sure where he was going, but she knew it was none of her business.

______

Snape was conflicted. He wanted to see his daughter, see if she was okay and he wanted to go beat up some children. He knew the latter being illegal he settled for the first. So with a certain haste most people had not seen him walk with, he went to Dumbledore's office to Floo to St Mungos.