CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The rest of the year passed in a flurry and it was currently the last day of school before the summer. She was leaving the library after studying with Hermione when her father rounded a corner very suddenly in front of her. She jumped at the sight of him and noticed he was very worried looking.

"Thank God I found you." He sighed in relief and walked up to her, putting his hands on her shoulders and looking intently into her eyes.

"Aurora, tonight something is happening, something you must not get involved in. You are to stay in your common room and not leave all night, no matter what you hear." He said, his hands on her shoulders tightening.

"Dad, you're scaring me."

"Do you understand, Aurora?" He said seriously. She nodded but she was incredibly confused and he was scaring her tremendously.

"What's happening? Is it Him?" He didn't answer and she felt her stomach drop. She launched herself into his arms and hugged him close.

"Please be careful. Please, please, please don't get hurt." She muttered, holding him as tightly as possible. She was terrified for him. What was going to happen? 

Her father let her hold him for a bit, but gently pushed her away after a good minuet. "I have to go now, Aurora. Please do as I said." He began to leave but stopped at the look she gave him. "I will try my best to be careful. I promise. Now go, and don't leave your common room." With that he was gone. She stood there for a second before walking hurried back to her common room. Just as she entered she heard a faint rumbling sound. She gulped but did as her father had said and did not go to investigate.

That night she could not sleep a wink. The holidays were the next day and she had been looking forward to them for a long time. She had come to an agreement with her father. She would be staying with Hermione for a portion of it and she had been ecstatic and was tremendously looking forward to it. Now she was worrying about what her father was doing. A few of the Hufflepuffs had left the common room to see what was going on and had reportedly seen Harry Potter frantically running past them. She had stayed and watched from the entrance, taking her fathers words into account, but when things had calmed down and everyone left the common rooms at about five in the morning, she left as well. Everyone seemed to stream towards the courtyard and to the bottom of the Astronomy Tower where the body of Albus Dumbledore lay. At the sight she paled and began to breath harshly. It reminded her of her mothers dead body: pale and still.

Harry Potter was holding the headmasters still body, crying into his chest. She could see Hermione and Ron Weasley standing just behind him and figured she should let them be together. They had known the Headmaster more than she had. Aurora had talked to Dumbledore on a few occasions. Her father being a teacher meant she stayed at school most holidays and was familiar with him, but she had never formed a strong bond with the Headmaster.

She looked around for her father, fear seizing her being when she didn't see him with the rest of the teachers, as she realized something could have happened to him. She left the scene in a hurry, still shocked from what she had just seen, but the fear biting at her chest let her push the shock of Dumbledores death to the back of her mind. She ran around, looking through all the hallways, looking for him. She checked his quarters but he was not there, nor was he in the Great Hall, the hospital wing or in the courtyard. She began panicking now and resorted to finding her head of house.

She found Professor Sprout leaving the courtyard a forlorn look on her face and Aurora stopped. She couldn't be asking about her father when Dumbledores death must have teared the teachers apart. They would be grieving and luckily school was finished, so she refrained from ruining up and frantically asking where her father was. She swallowed the urge and turned to leave. She had to find Hermione now, she would need comforting.