CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Her father had recovered slightly since that night at the Astronomy Tower. He could stand and was able to do most things himself, the only thing he struggled with, was with lifting heavy objects, writing and doing anything that required a steady hand. 

They were eating a lunch of french toast and tomato soup that Aurora had prepared, when the front door burst open and three darkly clad men stormed in. In panic, she went to reach for her wand but realized it was upstairs in her bedroom. Her father luckily had his on him. He got up and began firing spells at the intruders. He hit one of them, knocking the man unconscious, but missed the rest due to his shaking arm. 

"Run!" Her father bellowed. She stood up as well and moved to the back of the room, to the stairs where she could run up and get her wand, the only problem was she didn't want to leave her father unattended, but as one of the remaining men stalked in her direction she didn't hesitate to run up the stairs, running into her bedroom and retrieving her wand that was sitting on her bedside table. She turned around just in time to get out into the hall and shield herself from a spell coming towards her. There was nowhere to run upstairs so she only had one option and that was to fight back. She shot a full-body-bin curse at him, but he easily deflected it, stalking towards her and shooting yet another spell at her. She stepped aside and did a feint and tried to get around the man as he was standing to one side of the hall. She had to get downstairs to her father. She was able to avoid his hands reaching out to grab her and sprinted down the stairs as quick as possible.

As she ran into the dining room, she came to a stop at the sigh in front of her. Her father lay frozen on the ground. They had body-bound him. His wand was in the other Death Eaters hand who was now watching her. Her father was also watching. His eyes were the only thing moving and they were wide, flitting between her and the Death Eater.

She removed her gaze from her paralyzed father, and  realized she was surrounded. The man from upstairs was behind her and there was another Death Eater in front of her, she was trapped. She realized suddenly that they were here for her, not her father. The realization shocked her, and she had no idea what they wanted from her, but she was scared. Trying to keep calm, she took a deep breath, giving her paralyzed father a last look, not knowing the spell to reverse the curse placed on him.

"Stupefy!" she shouted, sending a spell to the Death Eater by her father. He blocked it and sprung into action. She ran around the kitchen table and sent another stunning charm at the Death Eater who deflected it once again. She had come face to face with the Death Eater from upstairs and shot a disarming spell at him. It hit him in the chest and his wand went flying to the corner of the room. As the man ran to retrieve his wand she shot a stunning spell at him. Without a wand to deflect the spell, he hit the ground with a thud. 

She spun on the spot towards the other one but couldn't see him. He was gone. She looked around the room, not sure what was going on. Surely he hadn't just left, he must be here somewhere. She glanced at her father who was still lying frozen on the ground, eyes wide, drifting from her to the staircase. She nodded and made her way over, cautiously peering around the corner. She walked up the stairs slowly, wand drawn and making sure to be quiet. She made it to the landing and looked down the small hallway. Carefully she made her way to the first room and peered in, it was empty. 

Just as she was going to move on she heard something behind her and let out a scream in fright as she was pushed roughly to the ground. Her head hit the floor harshly making her ears ring. She curled in on herself, head in her hand as a blast of pain spread through her head. Above her the Death Eater had his wand pointed at her and was smirking evilly.

"Got you." he singsonged, grinning down at her. "Get up." He demanded, she hesitated but the look he was giving her made her stand up on her own two feet. She stumbled a bit, her head ringing and the pain making her dizzy. She reached her hand up to her head and once she pulled it away saw blood coating her fingers. She looked up at the man sharply and took a series of sharp breaths in an attempt to calm down. He was too close.

Ever since Blake, she hated people, especially men being too close to her. It gave her flashbacks. She automatically took a step back, but his wand was pressed right into her neck making her wince, so she didn't go any further.  What was he going to do with her now? Stunning her at such close range would surely injure her, but that might be his intention, although they had only used disarming spells and body bind curses, so surely they were not trying to hurt her, but instead take her in.

He grabbed her wrist and yanked her wand out of her grasp, putting it in his pocket.

"I suggest you don't fight me, sweetheart, or else it wont end well for you." The man said, giving her a grin that made her incredibly uncomfortable. She didn't say anything, but let him grab her arm and pull her down the stairs, she stumbled in the stairs, her head making her dizzy. She would have fallen down the stairs if not for the mans tight grip on her.

They walked into the room with her father still on the floor, watching them intently. His eyes were furious as he looked at the bloody wound on her temple. 

"I'm okay. Don't worry." She said to him, puling slightly in his direction, but the man pulled her back roughly making her stumble against him. He held her close and she tried to wriggle out of his grasp, hating the way she could feel Blakes hand still on her body.

"Why don't you calm down a bit, sweetheart or else your good for nothing father will be worse of then he already is." She froze at his words and let the man hold her. A treacherous tear fell at his words, but she wiped away against her shoulder. She had to be strong for her father.

The man began to revive the other Death Eaters. The one she had stunned was already waking up on his own accord and the one her father had cast a spell on was awake after a quick counter curse from the man holding her. Once they were stood up and ready to go they turned to her father on the ground who was glaring at them.

"Thanks for your daughter, Snape, it was kind of you to hand her over." One of the men sneered down at him, kicking him in the gut. He couldn't move or groan due to the curse, but his eyes were tightly shut in pain. 

"Stop it, he's hurt!" She exclaimed as the man kicked him again. She tried to reach for him but the man holding her grabbed her tighter and pulled her to face him. 

"What did I say, sweetheart? This does not look like calm to me. Maybe Rowle over here should continue?" He said, sneering at her with glee. She frantically shook her head.

"I'll be calm, just-." her words caught in her throat as she looked at her fathers pained eyes. "Just don't hurt him. Please." She looked at the man and he smirked at her as if taking pleasure in her fear. He motioned to the others to leave and she turned back to her father as the man was pulling her out the door.

"I'll be fine." She wanted to reassure him, wanted him to be okay because he looked so broken in the little emotions she could see in his eyes.

"Fine?" One of the Death Eater barked out in laughter as he was about to exit the door. "The Dark Lord has other ideas in mind, princess." She felt her fear spike at those words and couldn't say anything else, her throat closing up involuntarily. She got a last glimpse of her father laying on the kitchen floor a single tear slipping onto the tiled floor before she was taken out the door, onto the road and roughly pulled into a chest before she felt the familiar sensation of apparation.

I'm really proud of this chapter :)