CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

one month later

It was finally the last day of school if you could even call it that. All their exams had been cancelled and very little teaching had been going on in the last few weeks. Mainly because only half the students were still here, the others having left school to be with their families, but also because people were mourning. A lot of people had died and everyone knew someone. 

Her father had recovered wonderfully and was back in school after staying three weeks in St. Mungos. If Aurora had not found him when she did, he would not have made it according to the Doctors and the hospital. The thought had unsettled her greatly.

The last day was used for packing their bags and bidding everyone goodbye. Aurora was just about finished with her luggage and walked over the the windowsill where the plant from Hermione was sitting. It had grown considerable and would have to be re-potted when she got home.  She willed herself to keep it alive for next year, because it was her Hogwarts plant, she couldn't let it die yet. McGonagall had announced that everyone would have to repeat their previous year since so much school had been missed. It was a reasonable conclusion and Aurora was almost looking forward to it. It meant she didn't have to say goodbye to the school just yet.

It was around dinnertime when Aurora left her common room to the Great Hall. It was already quite busy so she wasn't surprised to see Jude sitting there. She had finished packing already yesterday and had been out with her friends all day.

"Hey!" Aurora said, sitting down beside her. "How was your day?" Jude turned to her excitedly a faint blush on her cheeks.

"Something happened." She grinned. "By the look on your face I can tell it was good.What was it?" Aurora asked.

"I was down by the lake, the others were swimming but I wasn't really in the mood, so I was reading by the tree and guess who came over?" She had a look of pure excitement on her face and Aurora couldn't help but laugh.

"I don't know, who was it?" She laughed.

"It was Neville!"  She whispered with excitement. "He talked to me and complemented me on my book taste! Oh, he's so sweet, Aurora. I think he's the nicest guy I've ever met." Aurora knew very well how much Jude was smitten by Neville since she talked about it a lot.

"That's wonderful, Jude! I'm happy for you. Do you think he likes you?"

"Don't say it so loud, Aurora! He might hear you!" She said after hitting her in the arm and looking around worriedly.

"He might hears us from all the way across the Great Hall? He's not a werewolf, Jude, don't worry."

"I can ask him if you'd like?"

"Really?" Jude exclaimed. "Yes please, but don't make it seem to obvious will you?"  She said seriously. Aurora nodded with a smile. "I wont, don't worry."

After dinner they walked towards their common room when out of nowhere Hermione popped out from the wall. 

"Hey there." She said happily, swinging in to grab Auroras hand. "Hey, Jude." Hermione said. Jude smiled back politely.

"What have you been up to today then?" Jude asked Hermione who was holding Auroras hand.

"Oh, nothing much, just packing some last minuet things. I was talking to Neville, though, and he had some very sweet things to say about you." Jude blushed furiously, but looked very pleased.

"What did he say?" She asks excitedly.

"Oh all sorts. He mentioned that you had similar taste in books, not the same ones I would go for, but no matter. Also that you were cute, he certainly said that. Oh yes he also said that, and I quote "she is so kind hearted, Mione, you have no idea." I then said I think I do know because this girl right here-" she put her hand around Auroras shoulders, "- is as kind hearted."

"Oh my god." Jude whispered, a large grin taking over her face. "He likes me!"

"I'd say go for it, girl." Aurora said. "Talk to him now so you can owl him over the summer." Jude nodded thoughtfully. "You know what, I think I will. Thank you Hermione!" She called as she walked back the way they had come to the Great Hall.

"Wow, that's some of the best matchmaking I've seen." Aurora muttered. Hermione grinned and pulled her closer. 

"What can I say, It's a gift. If I say it was written in the stars, Trelawney probably would have given me and Outstanding in Divination"

one week later

Aurora wakes up to her bedroom full of soft sunlight and the feel of Hermione playing with her hair. She smiles and turns around the face her. Hermione's freckled cheeks smile back happily. 

"Good morning."

"Morning."

"I've had the best idea." Hermione states, lying back on her back, pulling Aurora with her so that she is above her. 

"What?"

____

They get up and eat breakfast with Aurora's dad. He's reading the Daily Prophet and doesn't pay much attention to their whispering. Once breakfast is over they pack a nice lunch of ham and cheese sandwiches with lettuce and bring a flask of orange juice and strawberries in a picnic basket. They bring a blanket and leave the house with a goodbye to Snape. 

Aurora's house is in the middle of the Welsh countryside, so as you step out of the house, you are greeted with forests and fields in all directions. When they left spinners end all those years ago, they wanted somewhere quiet, so here they are.

They walk through the country side, passing fields with cows and sheep grazing and climb over stone walls separating said fields. Once they reach their destination they set down the blanket and basket to look around. 

It's a lovely open field with long grass and loads of flowers growing on it. It's on top of a hill so it has a beautiful view of the fields bellow and far away, the coast. Aurora begins to run around the field, hands spread out laughing. Hermione grins at her and fellows her lead. They end up back on the blanket looking at the sky, pointing out the clouds and oddly specific figures they see in them.

Aurora feels a surge of happiness in her chest, pushing its way up onto her face in the shape of a grin. Hermione turns to her and smiles. "What?"

"I'm just so happy." She says. Hermione turns on her side. "I'm happy too."