CHAPTER NINE

Malfoy had seen them. 

They had only been kissing in a empty hallway before class when Malfoy walked around the corner. The only relief was that he was alone. All three of them froze, staring at each other before things got chaotic. Aurora was the first to react and called out to Malfoy who had begun to back away the second she moved.

"Malfoy, wait!" To both Hermione and Aurora's surprise, he actually stopped backing away and instead masked his shock with a sneer, his usual demeanor back.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here. If it isn't the mudblood and the bloodtraitor." Malfoy drawled in a way that remind her of her father. Malfoy stepped closer and was staring down at them in disgust. She felt Hermione flinch away from his gaze.

"I can't say I'm surprised. You really do try to disappoint your father as much as possible don't you, Snape." She was furious about letting themselves get caught. It had gone the better part of a year and their 6th year was almost over. How could they be so unlucky.

"I'm sure your father will be delighted to hear about this. Why don't I go tell him."

She immediately sprang into action. Letting go of Hermione and reaching for her wand just in case.

"Malfoy, please. If there is any good in you, please don't tell anyone. You know how everyone will react and what will happen. I'm begging you not to let that happen. Just walk away and forget about it." She knew that hexing him would not help in the slightest, he would just tell people anyway, so she had to try and reach for the kindness she wasn't sure he possessed. "Please."

Hope flared up in her chest when he stopped and turned back to face them. He paused for a while, as if thinking and she waited in anticipation. But the second his expression changed, she could see how everything would play out. The look of disgust was back and he spat at the floor in front of them before walking back around the corner he appeared from.

She didn't cry and nor did Hermione. They were both too shocked to comprehend what had just happened. It felt too surreal to be reality. After a long minuet Hermione pulled her into a hug. The consequences were worse for Aurora. Hermione's parents were okay with it, they knew, but Severus Snape was not and never would be.

They didn't know what to do, so they silently made their way to their classes. Usually she wouldn't see her father until tomorrow when she had potions. As she waked into Herbology she watched people's faces. No on was looking at her any differently or acting strange. She breathed out a sigh of relief. Malfoy hadn't told anyone yet, or it hadn't spread out yet. 

She sat down beside Neville and gave him a calculating look. She couldn't imagine Neville caring whether she liked girls or boys and she desperately hoped he didn't because by tomorrow, she was sure people would know and she was hoping she could keep her friendship with Neville after the inevitable happened.

She revelled in the fact that no one knew in the rest of her classes that day. She was sure that by tomorrow everyone would know. After classes she met up with Hermione in the library and they did their homework as usual. They also went for an evening walk as they usually did, and enjoyed their last day together, because they both knew that from now on, things would be different.

"I'll miss this." Hermione had said on their walk, swinging their joined hands in the dark.

"We'll have it back, don't worry. It wont be gone forever." Aurora replied, pulling Hermione close and kissing her furiously on the lips. They held each other as long as they could before curfew set in and they would get in even more trouble.

____________________