CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Ever since her first year at Hogwarts, she had spent her christmases with her father, at Hogwarts. She had gotten used to it over the years, but it always sucked when Hermione had to go home. This year was no different, only now, it felt ten times worse since they had grown ten times closer.

They walked down to the station together, Aurora tightly holding onto Hermiones hand as they walked, knowing that it would be hard to let go.

"I can't believe I won't see you for two weeks." Aurora mumbled, leaning into Hermione's arm as they trugged through the snow.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Rors." Hermione frowned as they approuched the station. 

"I'll miss you more." 

"I'll miss you most." Hermione chuckled. Aurora laughed, shoving her to the side. "You're such a romantic."

"Only for you." Hermione mused, pecking her on the nose. Aurora giggled, wiping her slobber away on Hermione's coat.

"I'm going to remember that." Hermione said with norrowed eyes, a grin making it's way onto her face.

"Whatever." She mumbled back, the fact that Hermione was leaving truly sinking in as they came to a stop outside the train. 

"Here you go." She said, bringing out the wrapped book from her bag. "It's not much, but I hope you like it." She handed it over to a smiling Hermione who pulled something out of her enchanted bag.

"Thank you, Rors. This is for you." She beamed, handing over a rectangular package wrapped in christmas paper. Aurora smiled up at her.

"Thanks, Mione. I hope  you have a nice Christmas with your parents. And I really will miss you terribly, you know." Aurora said, launching herself into Hermiones arms. 

"I'll miss you too, Rory." Hermione hummed, kissing her on the head. "Do try to get on with you dad. I think this could be a good time for you to resolve what happened." At Auroras foul look she continued. "I'm not siding with him. What he did was awful and you did nothing wrong to deserve that, but he is your father and you're all he's got."

And he was all she had as well, Aurora added to herself.

"You're right as always, Mione. I'll try. Now off you go. Don't want to miss the train talking to me." Se said, giving her a lopsided smile. Hermione smiled back and leaned in to give her a kiss. They had given up on hiding now. Some people still insulted them on occasion, but the comments had gratefully died down.

 They hugged a final goodbye and she watched as Hermione boarded the train to Kings Cross in London.

She looked around the platform and noticed a lonesome Draco Malfoy board the train as well. He looked terribly ill, pale and downcast. She felt a tinge of worry for him because lately he had been so kind to her, or as kind as she could ever imagine Malfoy being. After the episode in Hogsmead she had forgiven him for the event with Blake. He hadn't known what Blake was going to do, and she realized that he had hardly taken part at all. He had been the one to refrain from kicking her, and although he still went along with it, she knew it was a big deal coming from him of all people.

She was distracted from her thoughts about Malfoy when she spotted Hermione waving to her form a window as the train pulled out of the station. Aurora waved back enthusiastically, running after the train until she reached the end of the platform where she watched the train disappear into the sunset, a wide smile on her face. There was no one left on the platform now, so she walked back up to the castle on her own, enjoying the silence and the scenery. The trees all had a layer of snow on them that was glittering in the setting light. She couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of it.