CHAPTER TEN

Hermione was waiting outside the Hufflepuff common room and the second she took notice of Auroras teary eyes, she ran up to her and pulled her into the tightest hug they had ever shared.

"I'm so sorry for leaving, but I didn't know what to do." Hermione said, looking as guilty as Aurora had seen her.

"You have nothing to be sorry for 'Mione. I told you to leave and I'm glad you did. I wouldn't wish his anger on anyone." Aurora had been glad when Hermione left. She didn't want her father to scare her as well.

"What happened?" Hermione asked into Auroras black hair.

"He really hates me this time. I've never seen him this angry, and he really scared me. I think he almost disowned me on the spot." Aurora shuddered at what she had just come out of.  " I don't know what to do, Hermione." She was crying again, but she was too exhausted to care. 

She felt hopeless. 

"Aurora you'll be fine. I'll be with you through it all okay?" Hermione said, brushing away her tears, but it was useless as they just kept falling.

"He said I couldn't see you anymore, Mione. I don't know what he'll do if he sees us together." Aurora cried, wrapping her arms around Hermione once more. Poor Hermione didn't know either and they both stood there in despair.

________________________

The following month was hell for the recently outed couple. They still saw each other, but with great difficulty because Malfoy had done as expected and told everyone what he had seen. People now looked at them with disgust and threw slurs at them in the hallways. Hermione's friends, Harry and Ron were two of the people who were most accepting in the entire school, especially Harry. It was a pity not even Harry's Chosen One status could save them from all the torment. Aurora was glad Hermione had such good friends, but she couldn't say the same for herself. She hadn't had many friends to begin with, but now she had even less.

She had luckily been right about Neville and he didn't care in the slightest. He just felt bad about how people were treating her. A few weeks ago a few Ravenclaws were bothering her on her way to class when Neville had turned up. She hadn't talked to him since before the whole ordeal and she was terrified he would ignore them, but to her surprise and glee he had stormed up to them, shouting at them to leave her alone.

"Are you okay, Aurora? I can't believe they would say something like that. Don't believe a word they say okay? It's not true." she had just stared at him in shock. So happy to have someone stand up for her. She had enveloped him in the biggest hug, thanking him over and over again.

The Hufflepuffs didn't care too much, they just ignored her. Jude had said nothing about it whatsoever and had just pretended nothing had happened. She didn't talk to her as much as before, but would still sit with her in class on occasion, which Aurora was grateful for. Although there were a select few, including Zacharias Smith who stopped to insult her or throw jinxes at her in the halls. That was almost child play compared to Malfoy and his gang of Slytherin, who were relentless. Recently things had gotten more violent and she found herself genuinely scared for her and Hermione's safety.

A few days ago, one of the Slytherins had crossed the line. He was a year above them and seemed to think he was superior to everyone else around him. He had come across Hermione and Aurora in the hallway and had cast the full-body-bind curse on them with no warning. He had then proceeded to position them, as if holding one another. They had stayed like that for a full class hour until Neville had walked by and hastily cast the reverse spell and taking them to the hospital wing, but that wasn't before a lot of people had walked by and laughed at the helpless couple.