CHAPTER THREE

Today she had potions and as she had done for the past month, she was dreading it. The only thing she was looking forward to was that she would be sitting with Hermione, who's company was greatly appreciated.

Today they were to brew a simple drought and she tried her best to be as subtle and unobtrusive as possible, so that her father would see no reason to insult her or even talk to her, something he hadn't done in almost three weeks. It had worked her last couple of potions lessons, but now her plan failed as they again finished first even after taking into consideration not to work too fast. She tried to seem busy and as if they were not yet finished, but she could only stir the potion so many times before it became suspicious. So it wasn't long until he sauntered over, the ever present scowl on his face as he glanced down at their potion with his hooked nose.

"I despise a show off, and it seems you are trying your very best to be one in my class. 5 points from Hufflepuff." He drawled harshly.

The surrounding Hufflepuff's groan at the loss of points and her entire face lights on fire, shame and embarrassment making her stomach drop.

"But I wasn't trying to sho-" she tries to defend herself but gets interrupted by her father.

"I don't want to hear it. All you've done since you arrived here is disappoint me, anything you have to say will most likely make it worse, so I suggest you stop speaking." He said in a low voice.

"Professor!" Hermione said in shock, coming to her rescue.

"Stay out of this, Miss Granger." He says warning her. Hermione doesn't say anything else and Aurora cant help but sigh in relief. She doesn't want her getting in trouble because of her.

Once class ends she almost runs out after saying a rushed goodbye to Hermione. It's the last class of the day and she just wants to curl up in bed for the rest of the evening. As she makes her way to the Hufflepuff common room she is stopped by Malfoy and his gang. Hurriedly she dries her tears but he's already seen them.

"What a pitiful sight. Did daddy finally realize the scum you truly are, you filthy bloodtraitor."  Malfoy jeers, his friends agreeing loudly from behind him.

"Stop it, Malfoy. You've had your fun, now get over it." She said, trying to appear more composed than she truly was. She refused to look at them and let them see how hard she was trying to keep the tears at bay.

"I don't think I will. I quite enjoy making fun of you because there is so much to chose from. You're a bloodtraitor and a Hufflepuff, ugly and short, and your father hates you and won't talk to you. You're probably my favourite person to be around just for the pleasure of informing you of all the bad things happening in your life." He said, winking at her and then sauntering of with his friends following.

She kept trying to draw a breath, to regain her composure so that she wouldn't break down in the middle of the empty hallway, but suddenly found that she couldn't. Fear gripped her and her breaths were coming in short pants and her throat felt like it was closing in. Her head was spinning and the pit of her stomach was churning. Everything Malfoy had said was true. Her father hates her. He really did. Potions today proved it. She had no one in the entire world who cared for her. The only family she had was her father and the only friend she had was Hermione, but she felt it was too good to be true. Why would Hermione want to be her friend? She was ugly, a disappointment and could hardly do anything right, just like Malfoy said.

She slid down the wall and landed rather roughly on the stone floor, tears streaming down her face and sobs racking her body. She completely forgot where she was and could only partly make out Hermione shaking her frantically. She disappeared shortly after, but Aurora hardly noticed. She was too out of it. All the bad thoughts were swirling in her head. She could hear her father calling her a disgrace to the family name. She could hear Malfoy calling her a bloodtraitor and his friends calling her ugly. She was sobbing in despair at the fact that she was alone in the world and that anything mean anyone had ever said to her was true. She had no idea how to help herself and began to panic at her state when suddenly he was there in front of her, showing the most expression she had seen on his face since the summer. His mouth was moving but she couldn't make out what he was saying, it felt like she was underwater. She was hyperventilating too much.