CHAPTER NINETEEN

The moment she landed outside a set of black gates she knew where she was. She was familiar with Malfoy Manor as her father had taken her here once before when she was younger when he was on better terms with Lucius Malfoy. She let herself be roughly pulled up the long gravel drive leading to the magnificent doors and as they walked in she remembered how dark it was here. It did nothing to improve her mood or her situation. She didn't know what they wanted with her and she was scared. She realized that Malfoy Manor must be where the Dark Lord was staying and explained how Draco Malfoy had been looking so sickly this past year. Who wouldn't with the Dark Lord living in their house.

She was brought into the dining room and came face to face with the Malfoy family including someone she assumed to be Bellatrix Lestrange. They all stood by the fireplace, conversing but stopped when the three Death Eaters entered with her in tow. The look on Draco Malfoys face was priceless, but now was no time for humour.

"Ah, Aurora. You've grown into quite the beautiful young woman haven't you." Lucius exclaimed, a strained smile on his pale face. "It's good to see you."  She had met Lucius Malfoy before and detested every second of their previous encounters. He was a foul man. She did nothing but stare him down, not wanting to speak with him. He had been part of the Death Eaters who injured her father and kidnapped her, he would get no greeting from her.

"Now, you are probably wondering what you are doing here and I'm happy to explain." He continued on without waiting for an answer. "Your father has let his loyalties waver and the Dark Lord does not accept any of that, so you are simply here as leverage, although, Draco here tells me your father isn't too fond of you currently." Lucius drawled, motioning to Draco who was standing by the mantle. 

"Is there any particular reason for that?" He asked. Aurora said nothing. She looked over to Draco who was not looking well. She wondered why Draco would say her dad didn't like her when he knew very well that they were on good terms now. It hit her as Lucius droned on that he was trying to protect her for whatever reason. He was trying to stop them from taking her and she couldn't comprehend why he would do such a thing.

"- take her to the dungeon, Dolohov." She removed her gaze from Draco and back to the blonde man in front of her, eyes wide.

"Lucius, this is Severus's daughter, surely we can't put her in the dungeons. She's only here for Severus to comply, not to be harmed." Narcissa Malfoy spoke up, coming up from behind her husband, glancing at the dried blood on the side of Aurora's head. Aurora had always liked Narcissa the few times they had been together and was grateful for her standing up for her.

"Oh, Cissa, don't you get it? Severus thinks we wont harm her, simply because we used to be his friends" Bellatrix Lestrange spoke up, sauntering over from the shadows, scutinizing her with her dark eyes. "Giving her special treatment will not make him comply to the Dark Lord's wishes." Aurora blanched and tensed up as Bellatrix walked around her, watching her closely.  "Put her in the dungeon, maybe even tie her up, leave the cut, it adds to the impression we're trying to make." She continued. Aurora stopped breathing as Bellatrix stood behind her. She could feel her breath on her neck and her wand trailing around her back. 

"Take her away." Bellatrix said right by her ear gesturing to one of the doors. "We must inform the Dark Lord. He will be very pleased." she said with a genuine smile, waving her away as she went to sit down in one of the armchairs again. The man who had taken her, Dolohov, pushed her into walking. Again she stumbled, her head still spinning. She must have hit the ground harder than she thought. She passed Draco on the way to the dungeons and he gave her a pitying look. She didn't know what to make of it and was too scared to think further about it.

The dungeon was dark and cold. He shoved her in and slammed the door after him, leaving her alone in the spacious room. She could hardly see a thing and it was freezing. She felt along the wall until she came to the far corner and slid down against the wall into the corner, wrapping her arms around her knees to keep warm. She thought back to her father and wondered if the curse had worn of yet. She hoped he would be okay.