CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

The streets in downtown London were busy. Whenever that was the case at home, Aurora would refrain from holding Hermione's hand, but now, they walked down the street, hand in hand and no one said a thing. A few people stared at them, watching them cautiously, but no one approached them. Hermione was watching the pure excitement and happiness spread across Auroras face as more time went and no one commented. 

It was a Saturday and ever since they had left Hogwarts, they had dedicated the day to go out to their favorite cafe. Today was like any other Saturday as they walked down the street. The cafe wasn't far from their small apartment, but it was a bit of a walk. They walked through St James' Park which was one of Aurora's favourite places in London on their way. The stopped to look at the ducks in the pond and watch some kids throw coins into the fountain. Just last week they had come here for a picnic. It had started raining as it so often did in London, but they embraced it and after packing away the food, got soaking wet in their summer dresses and danced in the rain. It was one of the many memories Aurora cherished since moving to Muggle London with Hermione.

They continued through the park and down the busy streets when they arrived to the quaint cafe which was located down a side street. They sat down and ordered their usual, thanking the waiter as he gave them their orders. They sat there for maybe an hour, discussing their week and plans for the upcoming days, when they decided it was time to leave. Aurora had some shopping to do on Diagon Alley, so they made their way to the Leaky Cauldron. Ever since they left Hogwarts, Aurora had had very little to do with the wizarding world. She and Hermione had moved to muggle London and continued their studies there. She had tried to keep some contact with her friends from Hogwarts and still met up with Jude and Neville, just as Hermione kept contact with Harry and Ron. Draco on the other hand, she had not seen for a long time, and she missed him. They had grown even more close during their eight year at Hogwarts, but a year after school ended, the contact had fizzled out.

Diagon Alley was busy as always, and both Aurora and Hermione refrained from holding hands. It wasn't worth the comments and judgement they would face. Aurora hurriedly entered The Apothecary to get some potions ingredients she was running low on. Her fathers interest in potions had been passed down to her and she kept the habit up just in case she needed some qualifications in the Wizarding World if she ever wanted a job.

Once the ingredients were acquired they had no other business on Diagon Alley and wanted to leave as soon as possible. Just as they were walking out, Aurora spotted someone familiar in the crowd. She stopped in her tracks and watched the head of white blond hair in the throngs of people. It was him and he was walking right towards them. He lifted his gaze from the ground and spotted her. His steps faltered a bit, but he continued walking up to them. The last few steps she took and enveloped him in a hug.

"Draco! I can't believe it. It's been so long." She said into the hug. His arms wrapped around her as well, holding her tightly. They pulled away and looked each other up and down. Draco looked a lot older, but still handsome.

"How are you, Aurora?" He asked. It was strange to hear is posh accent after so long. "How's the muggle world treating you?"

"Oh, you have no idea, Draco. The muggle world is lovely. I really hope you've let go of all your prejudice against it, because they're such nice people, at least the ones I've met." Aurora said excitedly. "They don't even care that I like girls. It such a freeing feeling, Draco, you have no idea. I just- I feel so free. It's refreshing. What about you? How's life after...everything?" She asks, stepping back to stand with Hermione.

"I'm glad to hear it. You deserve feeling free after everything that's happened. And yes, I'd consider myself prejudice free when it comes to muggles." Draco smirked. "Yes, I know, hard to imagine when you think of little Hogwarts me." he said at Hermione's amused raised brow. "Nice to see you, Granger." He said. Hermione nodded at him. "Likewise, Malfoy."

"But, yes, things are going good you could say." He mumbled, not looking too plausible. Aurora didn't want to comment, but hoped things actually were okay.

"You two are still a couple, I gather?" He asked, glancing between her and Hermione.

"Yes. And what about you? Are you in a relationship? Married?" Aurora asked excitedly. Last time she had met Draco he was single.

"He's married." A voice said coming from behind Draco. A beautiful girl with dark hair and startling blue eyes latched onto his arm, glaring rather rudely at Aurora. "Excuse me, but who are you." She asked, looking them up and down.

"Oh, I'm Aurora and this is Hermione. We're friends of Draco's." Aurora said rather taken aback at her rude attitude. The girl turned her nose up at them and Aurora and Hermione shared a glance. To avoid making the situation awkward, Aurora continued as if the woman hadn't acted so rudely.

"Goodness, Draco. You're married. Congratulations!" Aurora said, trying to lighten the change in mood that had come with the girls arrival.

Draco nodded absentmindedly. "Thank you. This is Astoria, my wife. We got married a couple years ago."

"How did you meet?" Hermione asked, stepping up beside Aurora. She knew exactly who Astoria Greengras was, and in the past, she had thought she would be the perfect math for Draco, but now, not so much. She was very conservative in her views, quite opposite to what Draco currently was.

"Actually it was something my parents arranged, so we met through them." Hermione nodded at that, thinking that had been the case.

"Wait, are you Aurora Snape?" Astoria asked in slight disgust. Aurora raised an eyebrow at her tone and glanced up at Draco who looked like he wanted to leave and was giving her an apologetic look. 

"Yes." She said after a while.

"How come your father hasn't married you off? It's unfitting to be single at your age." Draco turned to Astoria, and uncertain look in his eyes. "Astoria that's enough." He whispered to her, looking very weary indeed. Aurora began to pick up on why, so she answered as vague as possible.

"I didn't want to be married off to some stranger and I'm in a relationship, thank you very much." Beside her Hermione crossed her arms. Astoria was about to open her mouth again when Hermione interrupted her.

"You seem to very interested in other peoples business, Greengrass. I suggest you stop being a busy-body and read the room." Draco looked away, a suppressed smile on his face. Astoria on the other hand was furious.

"You think I'll let scum like you talk to me like that? Draco, do something." She demanded. "You can't let people like them talk to me like that." Both Hermione and Aurora raised their brows at her comment. So she did in fact know, and was cold towards them because she didn't like them.

"Astoria!" Draco exclaimed, looking very apologetic. "I'm sorry, we have to go. It was lovely seeing you, Aurora, and Hermione you too. I'll try and send an owl or something." He called the last part over his shoulder as he dragged a fuming Astoria away from them.

"That was...something else. It's been a while since something like that has happened." Aurora said, walking beside Hermione out into muggle London. 

"She's always been like that. I saw she recognized us and she just wanted you to admit to being with me so she could make a big deal about it. I have no idea why Draco puts up with it." Hermione muttered. Aurora nodded thoughtfully.

"It's his parents. When I was at Malfoy manor, they- they really didn't seem like nice people, at least not his father. If their marriage was arranged, Draco had no choice, really. I feel bad for him for having to put up with her." Aurora sighed, leaning into Hermione's side as they walked home in comfortable silence.