Twenty

I open the box labeled #2. What I see is another tape, but also a book. It has a sticky note on the book that says in thick black writing, READ INITIALLY. I obeyed as I was told. I opened the book to see pictures. Pictures of me and my mom and dad. I look at all of them. There was 60 pictures. Then the rest of the book was just empty pages. At the top it said MAKE NEW MEMORIES. I got the second tape after I closed the book. I put the tape in the VCR. It came on and it was a video of memories of all the videos they recorded of me. I watched myself grow up in each video. I smiled when I was hugging my mom and dad, talking to them.  I suddenly heard a loud bang at the door. I ejected the tape and got the two boxes and hid them. Joey entered the room a few seconds later, laughing with the twins. He appeared at me and he frowned. "Lana why do you look so frightened?" He asked, worryingly. "You scared me." I reply. He chuckled. He sat beside me on the floor and wrapped me in a hug. "No need to be scared of me. I would never hurt you." He says. I felt so warm inside. He kisses me on the cheek and then sits beside me and just stares. I stare back. "What is it?" He asks. "Nothing." I say, I bet my cheeks were red. I look away. He touches my shoulder. "Lana, you know you can tell me anything. Its just between you and me." He says. I give him a small smile. "Yes." I say. "Hey what about us!" Allison yells. "You two also." Joey says and winks at me. Tracey is standing at

the door. "Allison and Annabel your dinner is ready." She says. They walk with her to wherever they eat. She shuts the door. "We are alone now." Joey says, I hear the mischief in his voice as he gets inches lesser away from me. He kisses me, for what seemed like forever but I didn't mind.

  The door opening, interrupted us as we looked who it was. Joey looked annoyed. "What is it?" He snaps. We look to see my uncle. He looks furious. "Hide her!" He yells. Confusion swepts my mind. Joey grabs me and me and him sit in the closet. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Sh." He says. Anger boils. "You just kissed me now your acting just as physcotic as my uncle." I whisper. He rolls his eyes. He is behind me, as his grip tightens around my waist. He has his face on the back of neck. He is listening to any sound. The door bursts open and I hear footsteps. "If anyone is in this room, come out now." A man yells. Joey stays put and I was about to yell when he puts his hand to my mouth. I look at him with a glare. He puts his index finger to his lips meaning shut up. "Come out now." The man repeats more sterner. He deeply sighs. He opens the closet and let's me go. There were three police men. I startled them. "Are you Lana?" They ask. I nod. "Come with us." One of the three say.

I look back at the closet, knowing Joey is listening. He just proved how much I meant to him by sacrificing me to be free. Even if meant never seeing me again. I guess I do have feelings for him because I begin to

to cry and run to the closet. I run into his arms and hug him. He hugs me back. I kiss him slightly and tell him bye. He gives me a little smile. Tears fall because I know I Wont be able to see him again.

The police motion me to come with them and didn't even spare Joey a glance. He just sat in the closet watching me with sad eyes. We walked through the house, which was dark. "You have to get the twins to." I say. "Already have." They say. We finally get outside and put me in the police car with the twins. I look at the house and then I get further away from it. I was going home. I was happy to yet didn't want to leave Joey.

  My uncle got arrested and has court in a month from now. My grandparents didn't get any punishment. Tracy has been charged for helping a kidnapping. They didn't say anything about Joey.

The only reason the police could even find where I was, because Tara and Shawn had walked 60 miles in a week to find a police station. They saved me. Tara is in the hospital because she hurt her leg on her way there. She will be released in a couple days. Shawn is by her side like a good brother. They will have to live with my grandparents, because apparently they are 'sane.'

When we pulled up to my aunts house, I was relieved and exhausted. I missed this house so much . my aunt and uncle came rushing out quickly. The twins got out and ran to them. And I walked behind, tiredly. I probably looked like crap. I had lost 10 pounds from not eating and my hair was

messy and my eyes were bloodshot and swollen from crying. I looked down at my hand at the ring. I began to tear up. My aunt hugs me. We all enter the house. The first thing I do, is see my piano. I walk to it and sit down on the piano bench. I look at the piano. i begin to play. Peace surrounds me. I haven't played in so long. My heart is beating quickly. I play for what seems as hours till my aunt taps my shoulder. I stop playing and turn around. "You forgot these." She says, handing me two boxes. The tapes. I take them from her and walk upstairs to my room. I place them on my desk. I look around the room. It looked so familiar but everything was lonely without Joey. I lay on my bed and cry.

A week passed, I don't leave my room. I just cry and cry. My aunt only bothers me to ask me to eat. I eat a few bites. I think the twins told her about Joey because she keeps telling me it'll be okay. Missing someone is normal eventually it'll fade. I don't believe her. I might have not known him long, and maybe I don't love him but I have feelings for him that grows each day more and more.

A knock at the door, interrupted my thoughts as I say "come in." My aunt enters. "There is someone to see you." she says. I get confused. I turn around to see who I have been waiting for at the door. Joey. My heart skips a beat. "Joey." I whisper. I get up from my bed and run into his arms. "Lana." He says.

                            THE END

Author's note: hi guys! Well this is the ending of Lana's Melody. I hope you all enjoyed it! I had a fun time writing it! I have several books I'm working on so make sure to check those out soon! Thanks for the comments, votes, and support from the readers