Eighteen

Lana's POV

I walked down the aisle, that they made outside. I held back tears. I was getting married to a guy I could barely call a friend. I looked to see my grandparents in the second row along with Tracy and my uncle. The housekeeper was there also. I saw Allison and Annabel beside Tracy. I looked up at the front and saw Joey and the preacher. My stomach felt like I should puke. When I finally reached where Joey was, we held hands. I tried to smile but I failed. He was smiling but something beneath it was hidden. He was a little more than five years older than me. That was shocking. The preacher said the vows and Joey said I do then it was my turn. It took me A few seconds. "I do " I say, my lip quivers.  They put the rings on our fingers and He then grabs my wrists and takes me off into the house. I mean where else could we go? He took me to his room and spun me around. I laughed. Wait did I just laugh"I'm glad to have you as a wife, Lana." He says. I give him a little smile, and blush. "Thanks."I say. He waits for me to say the same back but i never say it.

After a while, we just sat around. He began to get serious. "Why don't you like me?" He asks, out of a sudden. I don't reply right away. "Joey. I don't really know you that well." I say. He frowns. "I know you more than you think." He says. "Joey... I don't even know if I can consider you as a friend." I reply. "Can we just start over and be friends? Pretend your uncle didn't force us to hook up?" He asks, he sounded hopeful. I paused. "Yes." I finally say. He breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank you." He says.  I think to myself, maybe he is a likable person. "Joey?" I ask. "Yes?" He says. "Do you like me for me or because my uncle forced you? Did he threaten you?" I ask. He chuckles but then goes back to seriousness. "I liked you the first minute I saw you. Your uncle had no part in to that." He says. He stares at me for awhile. We stare in silence. His face inches closer and I don't know why but I stay where I am at. He then kisses me and I kiss back. Much luck with just being friends. I knew friends don't do things like that. Maybe I caught feelings the conversations for an hour each day or maybe me and him just connect. Who knows? I do know I'm going insane.

Authors note: I know this is such a short chapter! I am sorry! I just needed to fit this in! The next chapter will make up for it! Tell me what you all think! Vote, comment if you want ! :)