Five

After 15 minutes of playing the piano with Annabel, my aunt called me into the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and my aunt and uncle was sitting down at the table. They had serious looks plastered on their faces. I sat across from them, plastering the same face as theirs.

"Is there something you want to talk about to me?" I ask. "Lana, one of your uncles called and wanted to know if he could see you. Its your mom's brother." My aunt tells me. "I didn't even know my mom had a brother." I said, blankly.

"Well apparently you do. He said that him and your mom weren't in good terms when she passed and refused to let him see you." My aunt told me. "Oh well never heard of him." I say . "Well he wants you to come visit him. Your his neice after all. I don't see any problem with that." My uncle says.

I nod. "I guess. I just don't know him. He could be a creep for all I know. My mom wouldn't have just not let me see him for no reason. She always had a good reason for everything." I tell them. "You got a point but I'm sure this will be fine. Your just nervous." My aunt says and touches my hand.

"I don't know him." I say. "Well he told us he didn't want us to go with you." My aunt says. "Why?" I ask. "I'm not sure." My aunt says. Looking behind me, thinking about something far. "I need to think on it." I say. They both nod at me. "You can go now." My aunt says, still looking somewhere far away.

I go back into the living room, finding Allison and Annabel laying on the floor drawing. I sit beside them and look at what they were drawing. I really couldn't tell what it was. "What are you two drawing?" I ask. "We are drawing...um flowers." Allison said. In the pictures, they looked nothing similar to a flower.  "Oh nice." I say anyway.

A few silent seconds later, Allison sits up. "This is boring. Hey Lana what did mommy want to talk to you about?" She asks. She gets closer to me and whispers, " Lana are you in trouble?" I laughed and shook my head. "No Allison it was just something to do with my Mom's family." I say. "Oh what about them?" She asks curiously. "My mom's brother wants to see me." I say. "Oh, don't you already got a uncle?" Annabel says in confusion. "You can have many uncles!" I say, laughing. "Oh." Allison and Annabel say together. I smile. The twins can be so silly at times.

After The talk with the twins and taking a shower, I get in bed. As soon as I lay down I am not tired. I lay down and watch the ceiling. I think about what my so called uncle would want to talk to me after all these years. He had plenty of time! Twelve years and now he decides to talk to me? My mom or dad never mentioned that she had a brother. He never came on holidays. Finally confusion exhausts me and I fall into a deep sleep.