Eleven

I went down the stairs and ran into Shawn. "I'm sorry, excuse me." I say. "Yeah." He says. I walk ahead of him. I went into the sitting room. Aunt Tracy and my grandma was sitting on one of the four couches. I sit down on the one nearest to them two. I was really close to them but still couldn't understand the whispers. "Hi." I say. "Hey Lana." My grandma says. She looks at me for awhile. "Where is Tara?" Aunt Tracy asks. "Probably in her room." I said. "Sounds like her." She replies. A few silent seconds later Aunt Tracy gets up and leaves the room. My grandma leaves right behind her.

I get up and walk to the kitchen, but before I do I hear voices. I freeze and get a little closer to listen.

"Why do we have to keep her here, that's not fair to her!" Tara says. "Tara, you don't understand." My grandma says. "We haven't seen her in so long. We want her with us." Aunt Tracey says softly. "It still isn't right! She is 16. She should be able to make her own decisions." Tara says, anger filling her voice. "This has nothing to do with you." My grandma says, emotionless. "I live here, it does have to do with me. She shares my room!" Tara says. "Just keep doing what your doing." Aunt Tracey says. "What's that? Lying to her? Treating her normal when this whole family is messed up?!" Tara says, she then stomps up the stairs. I sneak up behind her and she turn around when she hears me. "Lana, wh-what are you d-doing here?" She asks. I shrug. "Come to my room." She says. When we enter the room, she shuts the door behind us. "Lana, I think you heard our conversation." She says. "So you know..." She adds. "Yes, I didnt mean to listen but I hears my name and -- she stops me. "Lana, I wanted you to listen anyway. I planned it all out." She said. I don't say anything. "Look, my family have always wanted you to be here. They want you here not only because they miss you, but other reasons as well. They aren't letting you go home. This is your home now." She says. "No." I say. "It isnt." I add a few moments later. "Lana. I know. I'm on your side. There is a lot of things that are going to happen." She says. "Like what?" I ask. "I can't tell you." She says.

A few seconds later, she adds, "Lana you need to leave." "How?" I ask. "I have got it all planned out. Okay, tonight when everyone is asleep. Me and you will sneak to the front door down stairs. I have the key to the door, so I can simply unlock it for you. We will leave and run to the gate and since I don't have that key, well we will have to climb it." She says. "That gate is to big to climb!" I say. "We can do it." She says. Then we will run out of the long driveway and meet a road." She says. "Why are you going?" I ask. "You need me, and I want to get away from this place." She says. "There's a lot you don't know." She adds.

After supper, we go to bed. Tara and I pretend we are sleeping as we listen to everyone turn off there lights to sleep. I wasn't scared. I was determined, ive always been. After a few minutes later, Tara silently gets up. Me and her were already dressed so we didn't have to. I got up after her and put my phone in my pocket. "You need anything else?" She whispers. I shake my head. It was dark but I could see her faint outline because of the moon glowing through the balcony window. "Why don't we just climb down the balcony?" I ask. " There bedrooms are below it, they'll see us." She answers. I don't reply back. We open the bedroom door, and quietly walk to the stairs. Tara is in front of me. We quietly walk down the stairs. One staircase done. We go down the rest and then we are at the front door, when we hear someone. Coming. We stand in frozen fear, knowing we got caught.

Tara's brother walks in and stares in confusion. "Tara, what are you doing?" He whispers. "I'm sorry! We have to leave." She says. "Your not going." He Says. "Why?" She asks, annoyance shows in her voice. "Your just not." He says. Tara walks over to him And grabs his arm. "Your coming." She says. "What? No!" He whisper-yells. "Come on." She says. He takes a breath and comes to the door. He glares at me as Tara unlocks the door. The door opens, and cold air meets our faces. I suddenly wished, I wore my jacket. We fast paced walk to the gate which is pretty far from the house. We walk in silence, with only the sounds of our breathing. We reach the gate and I know it was stone cold. "I'll climb first." I say. They nod. I begin climb, and finally at the top. I jump down which is pretty high, maybe 12 feet. Tara then climbs and jumps down beside me, along with her brother. We begin to walk more faster, because we know this driveway to the gate is very long. We were walking silently till Tara gasps. We turn around. There were flashlights coming towards us, they were behind the gate not quite there yet. We begin to run breathing loudly until Tara fell. I stop running. "Tara! Can you get up?" I ask. "I don't think so. You and him just go without me." She says. "I'm not going without you!" He says. "You need too. Save Lana!" She says. "Go get help, she adds. "Tara, we can't just leave you to get caught." I say. The flashlights were getting closer and the gate was opening. He finally picks up Tara and begins to run. I run along side him. We finally meet the road, with the flashlights a little further away. "Which way do we go?"I ask. "Left." He says. We run left and you could see he was getting tired. He then stops. "Lana go." He says. "But I can't just leave you two." I say. "Lana, go!" He says. I frown and begin to walk away from them. I turn around to look at them, as they stood watching me. I turn back around to meet a man who grabbed me and put a blindfold around my face.