Twelve

I awoke in a small room. The room was Grey and I was laying down. I tried to get up but I looked down to see my arms and feet were chained to a bed. Fear rose through me. What happened?   I raise my head to see Tara and Shawn chained to the wall. "What happened?" I ask. Tara looks at me. "We got caught." She says. Shawn grimaces. "Where are we?" I ask. "The cellar." She says.

"Why are we in here?" I asks. "Punishment." Shawn says. "What type of punishment is thi!" I exclaim. "Look, we will tell you the truth." Tara begins. "They don't want you to leave because they believe that we are your family. Yes they missed you. We all did. They have other things in mind. They say your the daughter they never had. They never liked me, they always wanted you. I know it isn't you fault but Ive always never been enough." Tara says. "They won't take this punishment lightly though. They will torture you. You know Joey?" She asks. I nod. "He wants to marry you." She says. "Me?" I ask. She nods. "He was supposed to marry me, but instead he wants you." She says. "This family is screwed." I say.

"Its your family." She says. I look at her in disgust. "I know." She says. "So I have to marry this Joey dude?" I ask. Yes." She says. "Uh. I'm not ha." I say. Shawn rolls his eyes. "You have no choice." She says. I shrug. I wasn't going to marry Joey. I don't even know him. What type of family is this?? My uncle walks in, which snaps me out of my thoughts. "Lana, Tara, and Shawn I am deeply disappointed in you three." He says with a evil grin. I don't say anything and neither does Tara or Shawn. Before I know, my uncle has a knife in his hand, and puts it to Tara's neck. "Lana, what did she tell you?" He asks me. Tara has fear glow in her eyes. "She told me you wouldn't let me go home." I say. "Is that all?" He says. I nod. He stares at me, trying to figure out if I'm lying. He takes the knife away from Tara's neck and puts it to Shawn's. "What has he told you?" He asks. "Nothing!" I say. He stares at me once again and I show no emotion. He takes the knife and puts it in his pocket. He then takes scissors and grabs Tara's hair, he cuts it to her shoulders. Her long hair that was down her back was to her shoulders. Tara has tears go down her cheeks. He goes to me and slaps me hard in the face. "Don't do it again." He says as he walks out of the room. Shawn's face is emotionless and Tara is crying and I'm in shock.

A couple of hours later, my aunt Tracey comes in. "Tara your hair looks... oh no." She says. "Did you dad do this?" She asks. She nods through tears. Shawn looks away from her and then she comes to me. "You have a hand mark on your face." She says. I don't reply. "Why did you want to leave?" She asks. "You just got here." "I want to leave back to my home." I tell her. "This is your home." She says. "No. My home before i came." I reply. "What happened to my parents?" I ask. "Well we all know they got murdered. You saw yourself." She says. Memories flash in my head. "Who did it?" I ask. "Well we don't know." She says. I think back to the man's voice before he knocked me out. He said he wanted me. He told my parents that also. His voice sounded so familiar.  My uncle. Panic and fear rose at once. "Oh my gosh, he killed my parents!!!!" I yell. I try to get out of these chains. Aunt Tracey backs away. "Who?" She asks, her voice darkening. "Don't you ask who!!! You know who!!!" I yell louder. Rage surges through me as the chains for my arms break. "You act so innocent!" I yell even louder. Tara is looking at me, in fear and Shawn actually looks a little scared. Aunt Tracey runs out of the room. My uncle and my grandparents come inside, and Aunt Tracey stays at the door. "Lana, what's wrong?" My grandparents ask. "He killed my parents!" I yell, pointing at my uncle. My grandparents look shocked, but you could tell they didn't believe me or maybe they knew and was acting innocent. Ha maybe they even helped. My uncle laughs. "Lana, you are one crazy girl. What made you think that?" He asks. He smiles. "I know your voice. I know it. Its the voice of the one who killed my parents." I say, tears rolling down my face. He laughs even harder. "I knew you'd figure it out." He says. He walks out of the room, with my grandparents following. He shuts the door and locks it.