Thirteen

I really didnt know what to do. I was living with the ones who murdered my parents. They were going to force me to marry that Joey dude. My life is a complete mess. I was going to text my aunt with my phone but they took it from me. I should have texted her before I tried to escape. She would have got the message sooner or later.

Tara and Shawn were both staring at me. Tara looked kind of funny with short hair, but I wouldn't tell her that. A few hours passed, Joey came in "Here is some food, Lana, Im sure your hungry." He says. He smiles at me and watches me eat. "I'm sure you've heard?" He asks. "Hears about what?" I ask. His smile turns to a frown. "About the wedding." He says. "That's cool, congratulations." I say, acting totally dumb founded. "Lana, your the bride." He says. I laugh. "Your funny. I don't know you. You haven't proposed or given me a ring." I say. "Your getting married to me." He says. I don't reply to him, I just continue to eat. "Lana, you might not know me...but i know you." He says. "How?" I ask. "I just do." He says. "You know your creepy." I say. He doesn't reply. He just gets up and walks out. "You know he is crazy about you." tara Says. "Oh didn't notice." I say. "Lana, give him a chance." She says. I shrug.

A couple more hours pass by, my uncle enters and anger rises. "What do you want?" I ask. "I would like to talk to you." He says. "I hate you more than words can describe." I say. He chuckles. "Look, let me explain." He says. "Okay?" I say. "They deserved to be killed." He says. I snicker. "How dare you say that about my parents." I say. "Lana, those weren't your parents." He says. "Yes they were." I say. "Okay. Maybe they were. Look, they made a deal with me. They paid me money each month ever since you were born." He says. "Why?" I ask. "Lana, we had a deal that your mom raise one of my daughters." He says. "Your mom couldn't have kids, so we gave you to them." He adds. I sit in frustration. "Your lying." I finally say. "No. When you got a little older, we saw how you was just so full of life and joy and we wanted you back." He says. "They wouldn't let us have you back."

"You gave me to them, then they were my parents. You can't give someone away and then randomly take them back." I say. "I still don't believe it." I say. "My life has been just a lie." I say. "Now you see why I did." He says. "That's a stupid reason. You didnt have to."I reply. "You had Tara." I say. "Tara, wasn't like you. She acted so different. You two were total opposites." He says. Tara snickers and Shawn rolls his eyes. "I'm not your daughter." I say. He laughs. What ever helps you sleep at night Lana, what ever helps. You'll admit it someday." He says. He gets up and walks out.

"Well we are sisters." Tara says, with a smile. I don't return the smile back. "Yeah. Sisters." I mumble barely audible. How dare they all lie to me. I didn't want to be his daughter. I don't care what anyone says, he killed my parents in cold blood. He will never be considered my parent or Tracey. Never.