Nine

I wake to Tara shaking me. "Lana why were you talking in your sleep?" She asks. "I don't know. I do that sometimes." I tell her. She looked sleepy and grouchy. She looked like me. "Can you try to stop, I can't sleep with that. I'm a light sleeper." She says. "I'll try. what time is it?" I ask. "Three in the morning." She says yawning. "In that case I'm going to bed." She says. She nods and yawns as she walks back to her bed. She lays down and turns her bed side lamp off. Darkness appears, except the moon that glows through the window. Peace fills her. She always love the moon peering into the window . It was just so...relaxing to her. It always felt calming ever since she was little.

I awoke as the sun was blaring through the window and burning my eyes. I close my eyes as soon as I opened them and rub them, trying to take the burn away. I sit up and look across the room. Tara was not in sight. I get up and look out the window. I pull the blinds up and move the curtains out of the way. Tara is out in the balcony. I open the window quietly. I walk up beside her. "Good morning." I tell her. "Hi." She says. I look where she is looking but don't see anything. "What you looking for?" I ask. "I'm just thinking about ... stuff." She says. She seems far, distant. "If I tell you something will you promise not to tell?" she asks. I'm silent for a few seconds. "Sure why not." I say. "Well you know how Shawn said you shouldn't be here? You know how my uncle said you will be here for awhile?" She says, in a faint whisper. I could barely hear her with the sound of the wind. "Yes? What about it.?" I ask. "Well..- she never finishes because my uncle comes out behind us. "Morning girls." He says. We both jump. Tara tenses. "Hey dad." Tara says. "Hi!" I say, I try sounding ethusiastic so he wouldn't think of anything. "Are you two ready for breakfast?" He asks. "Sure." I say.

We go down the flights of stairs and we all sit at what is there usual spots at the table. My grandpa is reading the paper. My grandma is sipping on her coffee in silence. My uncle was eating and my aunt Tracy was just sitting by him, not saying a word. Shawn wasn't eating and Tara was sitting beside me. We both were supposedly eating but I was honestly to tired. It was 7:30am anyways. Joey wasnt even here. It was like it was pretty much dead in the mornings. I went into the sitting room after everyone was done and found some picture albums. I opened a purple one because it said Charlotte on it. I wondered was this pictures of my mom or was this album hers once before. I open the first page and there is pictures of my mom when she was a kid. I turn the next page and it was her as a kid but with other kids as well. Out of all of the kids, my mom was the only one not smiling. I could tell the one beside her, was my uncle. He was smiling. She looked like some one had took her happiness away. Now that I think about it, I never seen my mom smile rarely. The more I turned each page the older she got. The oldest picture was probably when she was 18. She had me when she was 20. On the very last page, was a picture of me in my mom's lap at the Christmas party the day before everything happened. Tears blurred my eyes. I missed my mom. A voice breaks my emotionalness. "She was so quiet-mannered, so caring and kind. She was a great mother." My grandma says. She comes over to me and sits beside me. "This was the last picture we took of her." She says. "You can have it. I probably have a copy around here somewhere." She says. I smile. "Thanks." I tell her. She gives me a small hug. "You act just like her, I sometimes feel like you are her." She says as she stares into my eyes. "I miss her." She says. "Me too." I say. "Your dad was a good man too. I miss him as well. He was like a son to me. " she adds after a few moments of silence. "He was just so secretive and mysterious. It was always a longing to figure him out. Nobody ever could though. " she adds. I nod. I Want to know more. "He was truly in love with Charlotte. The way he looked at her was complete love and care for her. They were just perfect for each other. " she says, smiling. "What's there love story?" I asks. "That's a story for a nother time Lana."she says. "Lets look at another abum." She says.  I nod and reach for another one.