Fourteen

I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't talk to Tara or Shawn. When my grandparents or any of them came in, I refused to talk or even look at them my legs were still chained and I was too weak to even try to break through them. I had some many questions. How could you live with yourself after you kill someone in cold blood ? His own sister? My parents? How can you look into someones eyes after you kill them and watch the light fade away? You have to be really cold, evil, and cruel to do that.

I have never understood those type of people. How they can act so sane but really are twisted in the mind. How? You would think they would feel just the slightest guilt or shame. They don't though.

A week passed, they finally unchained my legs and I was able to walk around the house. I stay in Tara's room all day and all night. I looked out of the balcony window all day till the sky went dark. Tara and Shawn were still chained in that Grey room. For a couple days, nobody came in the room. One day, Tracey came in. "Lana, your getting so thin. You need to eat." She says. She actually acted as she cared. "I'm fine." I reply. "No your not." I glare at her. "What makes you say that?  Everyday, since I was four I wondered who the man was that killed my parents and I was terrified that he would come back for me. All those sleepless nights and the panic attacks that drove me completely crazy and almost died. Then i figure out, it was my own family who killed my own family in cold blood. I find out my mom and dad aren't really my real parents but you and the killer is my real parents." I say in disgust. A few moments later I add, "I don't know why you would care or why I told you."

For a few moments, she was quiet. "I'm sorry." She says, then she walks out of the room. An hour passes, my uncle comes in. "You need to eat." He says. He places a plate of food in front of me. I look at it in disgusts. He could have poisoned it for all I know. He is insane, psychotic. "Lana eat ." he says. I don't look at him. "Lana eat!" His voice rises. He then slaps me in the face. "Lana, If you don't eat I swear you will never see your little cousins again." He threatens. I then look at him with a glare. "You wouldn't." I say. "Don't you doubt one second That I wouldn't. See what I did to your parents didn't you?" He says, his face close to mine. I looked into his evil blue eyes. I look away and begin to eat.  he gives me an evil grin. He leaves the room and I spit the food out. I throw it in Tara's closet. I lay back on the bed. I close my eyes for a second and I fall asleep.

I woke to someone beside me calling my name. My eyes were blurred as I try to adjust them. "Lana? Lana!" The voice was a woman's and it was faint and echoed. I raised my head up and saw a woman. She looked familiar. I squinted my eyes. I recognized who it was. My mom. "Mom?" I ask. "Lana its me." She says. She hugs me. "How did you get here? I thought you were gone?" I ask. "Lana, honey I missed you."  She says. I begin to cry. "I thought you were dead." I cry. "Honey." She says wiping tears off my face. Suddenly my uncle comes up behind her. "Mom. Run." I say. "I'm not leaving you." She says. "Mom run I can't loose you again." I yell. "Lana. Its just a dream." She says. My uncle then stabs a knife through her back and comes out of her stomach. "Mom!!!" I yell. She falls to the floor. "Lana I love you." She says. I cry harder. I love you too mom." The lights fade from her eyes as a tears goes down her cheek. I drop to my knees beside her and shake her yelling her name. She wouldn't come back. She was gone again. I look up at my uncle. He has a smile on his face as he cleans the blood off his knife. "Lana. You can't run from the truth. " he says. "How could you." I say. His smile grows bigger. "Your next." He says. He comes closer and the knife fixing to stab into me.

I wake up, with sweat drenched all over my body. My breathing was heavy. I look around and I'm in Tara's room. It was just a dream. I begin to cry. My heart was beating fast and the sobs racked my body. I look at the clock. It was 2 AM. I hear a sudden knock. My grandma comes in. "Lana, whats the matter?" She asks. "Nothing." I say between sobs. She sits on the bed beside me and hugs me. I let her. "Lana, don't think I'm not on your side. I don't agree with keeping you here. I didn't know he killed my daughter till he admitted to you." She says. I don't reply. "Lana, I didn't know." She says. "It hurts me, it really does. But he is my son. I still love him no matter what he has done. He killed my daughter I know but he is my son." She says. She must really be insane. I don't reply. She gets up and leaves. I lay back down, but can't fall asleep. I'm wide awake. I stare at the ceiling, barely on the glare of the moon I can see. I suddenly hear something out side. I get up and look out of the balcony. It was my uncle. He was carrying a bag. It looked pretty heavy. It was moving like something was struggling in it. Fear froze my veins. It was person in there.