Four

The next morning i woke up and it was Christmas. It was pretty early which made me in a bad mood. The only reason why I woke up was because Allison was yelling at the top of her lungs ITS CHRISTMAS. I get up and walk downstairs to the living room. I was too lazy to get ready, eh who cares? Its Christmas.

  I sat on the couch beside Annabel and Allison and my aunt passed out gifts. Annabel and Allison got the same things except in different colors, anything a little girl would want, they got. I got mostly clothes and notebooks and art supplies..even a new music book for my piano. I tried acting excited but I didn't feel to excited because of tweleve Years ago this day was the last normal day I had. The last day I had with my parents.

  I felt tears pressure behind my eyes but I fought them back. Frustration entered me. Why am I being so self centeredI'm a selfish bitch. Everything's my fault. I should be happy today. I shouldn't ruin the mood because of my past. It was no big deal to anyone. Anyone but me. Everyone acted like it didn't matter. I was stuck in my past. I relived it everyday. Quit thinking these things and enjoy Christmas with your aunt ,uncle, and the twins. Annabel got a little piano. Allison got a karaoke machine. Those were the only things that got separate.

*********

I checked my phone and Josie had sent me a text that said Merry Christmas! I replied to her the same and then put my phone in my pocket. I walk downstairs and watch my uncle and aunt laugh together as they watch Annabel play piano and Allison song her lungs out along with it. I watched my family do this. I laughed and sat beside my uncle. We all laughed and had fun as I pushed the memories out of my mind. For awhile I did forget.

The next day was Decemeber 26. The worst day of my life. When my life changed to such an extent that I wanted it all to end. I woke up and my aunt told me to get ready. I did as she said to do and she told me to go get in the car. I went to the car and my aunt came a few seconds later. She started car and I looked at the time. 6:45AM. "Why are we up so early?" I asked. "We need to go visit Dan and Charlotte." She told me. I froze in my seat and chills went up my spine. "Mom and dad?" I asks. She nodded. Tears forced to fall. "Why?" I asks. "Lana, we always go visit them." She tells me.

I look out of the window the whole ride there. We was almost there when my aunt got a phone call. "Hello?" She says. "Yes?" "Oh really?" "Hmm..." "We will talk about this when we get home." "Ok bye." She then hangs up. "Your uncle called and said someone called the house saying they are one of our relatives and haven't seen you in a long time and would like to see you again." My aunt says. I nod. We enter the cemetery. We get out of the car and walk to my dad's and mom's grave. I stared at it. "He was a great brother." My aunt says. "She was a great sister-in-law as well." She adds. I nod. "They had a great daughter as well." She says, hugging me.

I nod and give her a little smile. "You think so?" I ask. "Yes Lana." She says. After a few minutes later, we go back home. When we enter the door, Annabel and Allison run to me and my uncle walks to my aunt. "Lana keep the twins busy, me and him need to discuss something privately." My aunt says in a serious tone. I nod. "Lana, did you go visit Uncle Dan and Aunt Charlotte?" Allison asks. "Yes." I reply. "Its okay Lana. We are your family now. My mommy and daddy are good parents for you too." Allison says. "But she still will miss her mommy and daddy." Annabel says barely audible. "Wanna play piano?" Annabel asks. "Sure."