Chapter 24

I just want to dedicate this chapter to my roommate Megan because she endured my constant nagging question of "does this sound okay?" and "how would I describe....?" while she was trying to do her homework.

So kudos to my lovely best friend for putting up with me <3

_______________________________________________________________________

“Ahh my head.” Fiora groaned and attempted to lift her hand to her aching skull. But as she tugged she noticed her hands were bound. Her eyelids fluttered open but quickly shut as the room began to spin. 

“Where am I...?” She shivered noticing it was cold where ever she was. Panic began to clumsily set in and she lifted one eye lid slowly. 

Blinking against the light she was finally able to open her eyes. She was in a damp cold room, there were no windows, just black bricks all around her. Something behind her was dripping at a constant pace. 

Fiora tried to wiggle her legs but she quickly realized they were wide spread and shackled. Rope cut into her wrists as they were bound above her head. She had been shackled against what she could only assume was a large wooden door. The door was propped up at a forty five degree angle and was slightly lifted off the ground. 

She wiggled against her bindings only to rediscover the pain in her back. Her kidnapper had scrapped her along the broken mirror, slicing her delicate skin. Not to mention the cuts that littered her arms and legs. She furrowed her brows “Oww” Fiora winced...oh and the gash the must be on her forehead. 

She had no idea what time it was or the last time that she had eaten. Hopefully her captors would feed her so she was able to gain back some strength. She had lost a lot of blood already and her squirming against the ropes was rubbing her wrists raw. 

A groan sounded somewhere and Fiora’s heart beat quickened “Hello?” She called out silently. There was no response. “Hello!” 

“Who’s there? Hello?” She cried out as hard as she could. “I heard you, are you alright? Who’s there?” She was about to call out more questions, desperate to hear another voice when...

“Shhhh” It was softly spoken and sounded like a young woman. 

“Hello?” Fiora called again as loud as she could. 

“Hush.” The woman’s voice sounded feeble but sure. It also sounded far away as if in a different cell. 

“Help me!” Fiora called out, her throat starting to go raw.

“Quiet or they will come.” She spoke swiftly. 

Fiora sensed experienced fear in her voice. “Who is they? Who are you?” She couldn’t let this interaction stop. 

“Be strong. They want you to struggle.” The woman’s voice sounded gruff but comforting.

“They want me to struggle?” The words swam around in Fiora’s aching head. Where am I? Who is they? and why do they want her to struggle....?