Chapter 9

“Ahhh that insufferable, idiotic, pig faced, boar of a man!” Fiora cried out after Rafael clicked the lock into place. She picked up her fallen shoe off the ground and threw it at the door.  It hit directly in the middle with a resounding thud and skittered upon the floor. 

“I hate him.” She grumbled as she clenched her fists. Wincing slightly at the unexpected pain she glanced down at her palms. They were still wrapped in bandages, but upon further inspection she noticed it was a soft white cloth that had been tarred. Slowly and carefully she began to remove the makeshift bandages. One of the strips had a button attached to it, as if it had come from a shirt. 

“Rafael’s shirt?” She questioned. “Doubtful” she rolled her eyes. “he couldn’t care less about my well being.”  But then fuzzy images of her being held in his strong arms swam up in her consciousness.

Those images were quickly replaced when she looked down at her now bare palms. There were deep nail shaped cuts outlined in puffy raised skin, the wounds stung and they needed to be treated in a timely manner. 

Upon that night where she found out she was now an orphan she had inflicted these injuries. At first it was not purposeful, she had simply unconsciously been gripping her fist together too tightly.  But then she pushed harder and the sharp pain began to be the forefront thought in her mind. 

After a while she became numb, numb to the pain and she grew tired. She felt as though she had no more feeling left, just sorrow. 

...But not any longer, she now felt extreme anger and a lust for revenge. Rafael couldn’t honestly think to force her to marry him now...could he?  This was no way to treat a bride...she thought to herself as she made her way towards the large mirror. 

Her plain brown gown hung upon her loosely, she never truly cared to stay in fashion. The high waisted gowns, full skirts and outrageous hats were simply not practical. She lived on a farm, she lived for practicality and she hardly cared what others thought. 

Although people had always told her she was beautiful. She had high cheek bones, a dainty nose and full ripe lips. Fiora didn’t really see what they did.  

In front of the mirror now she let out a heavy sigh. Her hair was a mess and she gravely need a bath, or at least some water to wash her face. Not to mention a change of clothes...

Rafael couldn’t deny her that? Right? She wasn’t so sure. 

In fact...she didn’t know anything about Rafael. She had no idea what kind of person he was. 

“Not that I care!” She said to her reflection. “No I know what kind of person he is...cruel!”  and yet...there was moments where his eyes flashed with concern...or she might be mistaken but...passion? Those wolf like eyes of his so intense at times seemed to be the only thing that gave him away. Not to mention when a muscle jumps in his hard strong jaw line....And the slight twitch of his full lips when he his trying to hold back a smile.  

Her eyes focused again upon her reflection as she snapped back to reality. Color had snuck its way into her cheeks and her slender fingers brushed her bottom lip. 

________________________________________________________________________

First I know it's not a long chapter and it's a little dull but bear with me :p 

Also thank you, thank you, thank you for all the great feedback, votes and comments! Keep it up!

<3 Dani