Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Can I just say that I have some of the greatest fans in the world? :D

You guys are amazing! Thanks for sticking with me through all the bad grammar and awkward sentences! 

Comment, vote and Fan :D

_____________________________________________________________

Fiora buried her face in the silken pillows on her bed. She couldn’t believe she had just kissed Rafael... she had begged him for it. Her treacherous body had arched to him as his lips crushed over hers possessively. But he had pulled away, cruelly moved from her...letting her hand fall bitterly back onto the bed. She saw his eyes for a moment, so many emotions flashed there: passion, need, anger, frustration, confusion and finally nothingness. 

Fiora screamed into her pillow “I hate him!” 

Before she could give him another angry thought she heard the door creak open. Thinking it might be Rafael she remained silently crumpled on the bed. When the door closed and heavy footsteps sounded she yelled “Go away!” 

The footsteps were about to reach the bed, she didn’t want to talk to him. “Rafael! I said go away!” She sat up and screamed.

Standing before her was a huge man dressed all in black. A large hood covered his face and made him appear even more menacing. In his large gloved hand was a length of rope and a large gray sack.

“Who are you?” Fiora screamed. 

“You will come quietly or I will be forced to...quiet you.” The man’s voice was deep and laced with cruelty. 

“I will do as you say.” Fiora made her voice calm and even. “Just do not hurt me.” She lowered her eyes in mock submission and defeat. 

“Show me your hands.” The man gruffly stated readying the rope to bind her hands. She nodded and moved forwards on her knees to the side of the bed. 

Fiora lifted both her hands forwards to him palms in the air. As the man reached for them she took that moment to knee the man violently in the gut. He let out a whoosh of air and doubled over. Fiora rolled to the other side of the bed just in time to avoid him grasping at her ankles. 

“You little bitch.” The man grunted and jumped over the bed. Fiora let out a frightened squeak and backed up taking refuge behind a table. This felt like deja vu. Rafael had chased her around this same table. But now she knew her life was in danger, Rafael was different from this man. 

“Get away from me!” Fiora tried to sound as menacing as possible but the man chuckled. The chuckle sent shivers down her spine, this man wanted to harm her. The man moved from side to side quickly, toying with her. Then with one large push the man overturned the table causing Fiora to fall backwards into the large mirror. 

Glass shattered all around her and in a last attempt Fiora covered her head. Shards sliced her bare arms and legs, drawing stinging lines of blood. The man was upon her again, one gloved hand curled around her thin neck, lifting her upwards. She clawed weakly at his hand as her feet began to leave the ground. 

Her vision began to blur as blood rushed to her head making her dizzy from the lack of oxygen. Blackness crept into her vision as the man dragged her back along the broken mirror, lifting her higher and higher into the air. Her hand fell weakly to her side, this was it...she couldn’t fight anymore. Goodbye Rafael. She thought dizzily. 

Fiora’s fingers scrapped against a broken shard still attached to the side of the mirror. Her hand closed around it and she pulled. It cut deeply into her palm as she freed it from the frame. With all her might she drove the shard into the man’s arm. It sunk into his flesh and the man let out a wild cry of furry. 

His grip slackened and Fiora fell roughly to the ground, unconscious. 

__________________________________________________________

Oh exciting huh?! Thoughts? Predictions? 

Any idea who this bad guy might be? 

Discuss!