Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Fiora’s mind swam out of sleep and she slowly opened her eyes. Her body still hummed after her coupling with Rafael. Lazily she allowed her head to flop to the other side of the pillow. There he was in all his glory...Rafael.

He was the most gorgeous infuriating man she had ever met and he loved her. She couldn’t even recall the amount of times she had cursed his name or wished a lightning bolt would strike him down. 

Yet here she was snuggled into his nude chest, his hand resting possessively upon her bare hip. She closed her eyes and breathed in his masculine smell deeply. Her whole world had been turned upside down by this man and she couldn’t decide at that moment wether or not she had a problem with that. 

Her fingers trailed their way up his stomach and came to rest on his strong chest. He loved her, he had said it to her face and she had no response. Did she love him? Was it possible? She curled a finger around the small amount of dark hair on his chest which caused him to stir. 

Fiora’s gaze shifted to his face, his jaw was relaxed but just as square and strong as ever. His full lips looked devilishly kissable and his hair stuck out all over making him even more attractive. 

“You’re making it difficult for me to sleep.” His raspy sleep filled voice made Fiora jump beneath his arm. His eyes were still closed as a grin tugged at his perfect lips. 

“I thought you were sleeping!” She accused feeling mildly embarrassed. 

“Mmm I was.” He shrugged eyes still closed lazily. 

“My apologies. Go back to bed.” Fiora attempted to roll onto her side but Rafael grabbed her shoulders and was instantly on top of her. 

“I’m not tired any more.” His gaze bore into her soul and he ravaged her mouth once more.  

------------------------------------------------

Rafael awoke to the early morning sun streaming through the windows. He inhaled deeply smelling the crisp air and Fiora. Fondly he regarded the woman tucked into his arms. Her silken hair fell about her shoulders and sprawled out on the silken sheets. She might have been the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes upon. 

Her delicate chin rested upon his side and soft rosy lips smiling in sleep drew his eye. Fiora’s skin shone in the morning sun as if it had a light source all its own.

He had thought once he had claimed her, made her his...he would be able to forget about her. That was not the case as he feared.

 Rafael was fascinated by this woman, needed this woman and above all else loved this woman. 

She did not feel the same or at least she had not voiced it. What would she think when she awoke and faced the morning? Would she hate him? Would she think nothing of it? Rafael’s heart pounded as his mind sprung to the worst possibilities imaginable. 

What would he say to her when she awoke? What would she say to him? Rafael had to get up and tend to his duties for the day. As much as it pained him to leave her...to pry himself away from this tender embrace he was the King after all. There were papers to sign, people to meet with and Erickson’s report to finalize. 

All the stress this should have caused him felt like nothing, for he had Fiora now. He thought he would be smiling all day like a fool and he hardly cared. For when Fiora woke up he planned to be there. 

When she woke up- he would ask her to marry him.