Chapter 40

Chapter 40 

It was morning again but Fiora didn’t want to open her eyes just yet. She knew she would have to face today one way or another. Did she regret what happened? She had no idea. She wished she could just lay in these silken sheets with her eyes closed forever. This room was so much warmer than her stone cold room up stairs. 

She sighed heavily and she felt someone shift on the mattress. 

“Good morning” Fiora’s heart beat quickened at his voice. 

“Good morning.” She replied hesitantly and worked her way up to a sitting position. 

Fiora noticed she was still nude and quickly pulled the sheets up to cover herself, unable to smother a rising blush. 

“Why so bashful?” Rafael tucked a finger under her chin and forced her to look in his eyes. Her brow creased in worry as she stared into his beautiful face. What did he think of her now? 

“I love you.” She watched his full lips form the words. 

“Don’t say such things.” She whispered taring her face away.

“Why not?” Rafael’s voice sounded smug and confident. 

“You can not mean it.” Fiora answered sadly turning away.

“I mean it. You know I mean it.” He gripped the corner of the sheet and tugged it free from Fiora’s grasp leaving her openly nude. 

She gasped groping for the sheet from his hand but he threw it off the bed. Instantly he rolled over on top of her clamping her arms at her side with his thighs. 

“Nothing I haven’t seen before.” He smirked down at her then kissed her quickly. “I love you.” 

“Stop. Do not toy with my emotions!” Fiora was angry again. 

“Why won’t you let yourself believe it?” He raised a dark eyebrow in her direction. “I’ve finally realized it and now I cant quite get myself to stop saying it.” He shrugged and kissed her again. 

“I love you.”  Kiss.

“I love you.” Kiss.

“Stop-” Kiss. “Rafael stop” Kiss.

“No I don’t think I will...” He paused contemplatively. “Better yet I don’t think I can.” 

Kiss. “I” Kiss. “love” Kiss. “You.” 

“Stop!” Fiora couldn’t help but let a giggle escape between kisses. Truth was, she was in utter bliss. 

“Make me...” Rafael flashed her a devilish smile that was contagious. 

Fiora smiled up at him and he took her face between his two large hands. 

“Marry me.” He lowered his head for a kiss but she pushed him off. 

“Now you are just being cruel!” Fiora grabbed the nearest pillow and shielded her body from his hungry eyes. 

“Marry me.” Rafael’s smile was gone and he was all seriousness, eyes intense and a strong set to his jaw. 

He was completely serious and Fiora felt fear, instant fear. All she could do was shake her head “no” for fear that opening her mouth would reveal her true feelings. 

“I will keep asking until you get tired of refusing me.” Rafael said simply and left the room. 

And keep asking he did. Rafael asked Fiora every day for an entire week. Each time he would wake her up with a kiss and a smile inquiring with utter seriousness “Will you marry me?” 

And every time she would she would shake her head no and watch determination fill Rafael’s eyes, not once did he look the least bit defeated. 

She woke up today like everyday to the face of Rafael and dutifully refused him for the tenth time. They proceeded throughout the rest of their day like normal- both in different wings of the castle. Rafael working in his study and Fiora casually chatting in the kitchen with Erickson’s mother. 

The day passed quickly and her nightly dinner with Rafael was soon upon her. They ate as the always did, talking, laughing and smiling like fools. As the meal ended Rafael escorted her to her room arm in arm. 

“Good night Fiora.” He kissed the top of her hand sending tingling waves through out her entire body. 

“Good night Rafael.” She inclined her head and sauntered into the room. 

Rafael turned to leave but Fiora called out “Wait.” She was breathless.

“Ask me.” 

Rafael turned slowly and stared at her hard. 

“Ask me.” 

He made his way into the room swiftly and stood in front of Fiora. Her head was bowed and she was staring at her feet. 

“Marry me.” Rafael whispered grabbing her shoulders. She was breathing hard when she turned her face up to meet his emerald eyes. 

“Fiora, thief of my heart, will you marry me?” 

“Yes.” 

__________________________________________________________

The End! 

What do you guys think? I know some of you will be angry that it’s over but all things must end :p 

I just want to thank all of my glorious fans for all of your support and wonderful comments through this story. I can’t believe that I started this only a month ago :p 

It was my first story I’ve ever written and I’m so thankful to have found Wattpad! 

I’m already in the midst of writing a new story Chaos (http://www.wattpad.com/1032323-chapter-1) and hope you will all continue on with me through this next romantic tale! :) 

P.s. Yes there is a sequel (http://www.wattpad.com/1128378-to-kiss-a-king-2) 

Love,

    Miisaki