Epilogue: The New World

13 years later, Clementine

Four years after we last saw Clementine the walkers just stopped, people didn't turn and a few months later a group calling themselves the New World Government moved everyone they could into large communities, the conditions there were tough but they made it. During there third year in the camps AJ met another survivor by the name of Georgia they became close.

It took another six years for the world to become somewhat functional again, power plants, food production, water treatment and eventually houses were rebuilt.

After that the group from Texas Two got moved around into different smaller camps which, with minimal contact they became distant.

The large town of Everett is where Clementine and Violet call home, they have recently moved into their new home where Clementine works as the head council member. Violet worked in the nearby school teaching English. AJ who is now 25 lives close by with his girlfriend Georgia and infant daughter.

A week ago they received a letter from Andrew who asked them to come to a bar a few blocks away at some point next week.

We continue the day of the meeting:

It was almost unreal.

Clementine awoke in her own home, warm and rested. She climbed slowly out of the bed and grabbed the crutch near her bedside table.

She slowly began her way into the nearby kitchen where she glanced, as she normally did, at the calendar hanging on the wall.

"Meet up, the bar, 6pm" she read aloud.

Suddenly Violet gripped her from behind, pulling her closer and kissing the back of her neck lightly.

"Hey you, what are you doing up?"

Clementine smiled, "I just woke up I was going for a glass of water before you interrupted." She responded playfully.

"How did you sleep, everything ok?" She asked.

Clementine nodded, "What time is it anyway I need to make sure the I send those letters to the NWG?"

Violet rolled her shit sleeve up slightly and looked at her watch, "About half four."

Clementine looked back at her in a panic.

"Don't worry I sent the letters out this morning, you looked like you needed the sleep." Violet said.

The other woman breathed a sigh of relief, "Being on the council is so much work but it's worth it."

The blonde looked at her watch again, "Come on we need to get you ready don't want to look all scruffy for the meet up."

" I'm pretty sure they've all seen me look worse than this Vi."

Nearly 6pm, The Bar.

As they approached the door to the bar named
'The Outside' Clementine looked around, houses surrounded the bar, people walked down the streets. It was almost normal, the only thing noticeable were the scars, some people had missing limb, others burns across there faces. They were like a memento to what happened those years ago.

Violet pushed the door open and Clementine followed her inside.

The interior was familiar to them all, exposed bricks and worn wooden tables. It was like a snapshot into the old world but without the worry of walkers.

They looked around briefly, a few sets of jackets and half empty glasses were left at a table near one of the windows.

"Hello?" Clementine called out.

A door behind the bar opened revealing Minerva, her hair was cut the same way it had been for the past years the only noticeable thing was the addition of a dark eyeshadow and a Ruby red lipstick.

"Minerva?"

The redhead seemed startled to see them, she stuttered slightly as if she was about to speak but stoped. He breath grew suddenly shaky and a cluster of tears trickled down her cheek leaving a dark trail of makeup.

"I.. remember." She whispered

Violet looked at the woman, she couldn't tell if she was going to burst out crying or collapse where she stood.

She quickly walked around the bar and headed towards the table littered with jackets and grabbed a small container from one of the coat pockets.

Minerva took off the lid and swallowed one of the pills inside. She took a moment to regain her composure and wiped the tear from her cheek.

"We can talk about this later, there's some people that your probably going to want to see."

Violet and Clementine followed Minerva into the door and down the stair into the basement, they could here voices chatting as they approached.

The staircase ended in a large brick room, it was well lit with what seemed like studio lights, gathered around the far wall were eight people, one of which seemed to be a child.

The tallest man of the group turned around as the door click shut.

It was recognisably Harry, both his hair and facial hair was longer, his face was still scarred and his eye socket covered by a patch however he sported a pair of glasses.

He smiled excitedly, "Clementine and Violet you are a sight for sore eyes."

The rest of the group turned around, several gasps of  shock echoed around the basement.

The pair where extremely shocked, they hadn't seen anyone other than AJ since they moved into the new communities.

After several hours of talking to the people they called family for manny years Clementine felt a somewhat idea of completion, she had done what Lee wanted for her. She was living.

That's it, done, the story is over hope you all enjoyed reading even if it took me a year. Make sure you leave a comment.
New story may be coming soon
(no promises)
Bye for now
-ZQ