Old Feelings

Violet sat on the floor of the bell tower, toying with the homemade leg that they had made for Clementine. She spent the entire night in the tower sobbing into her hands. She recalled the night of the boat attack, the pain and sorrow she felt reappearing as she remembered. The thought of losing her kept itself in the forefront of her mind, constantly tormenting her. However another rival feeling appeared inside of her, one of hope and courage, almost identical to how she had felt both on the day she admitted her feelings and the prior events of the night when she had proposed. She smiled as she looked over to the extinguished candles an blankets were they were previously. As she sat isolated in the tower she felt a hand touching her shoulder, she turned quickly and instinctively went to punch, however when she turned she saw a familiar face.
"Hey, do you wanna talk?" Louis said with an uncharacteristic seriousness to his voice as he sat next to her. Violet looked at her oldest friend and quickly hugged him. Louis was shocked for a moment, before he could also hug her she had retracted back into her original position. "Umm, Ok... Didn't expect that, so how are you?" Louis said concerned. Violet took a moment to think, she looked back over to the candles, "I.. I proposed to Clementine." She said blankly into the distant hazy mid morning sun. Louis sat next to his friend perplexed at her prior statement. "W..w..w..WHAT?" he said baffled.
Violet sighed then looked back at Louis sadly, "We have to get them back." She said sadly. Louis, who was still in a state of shock and confusion sat mouth slightly open and smiling, "You proposed?!" Violet sighed and looked at the goofy faced boy. She gave him a look that spoke more words than she muster together in her mind and headed down the ladder.

To her surprise at the bottom sat a concerned and saddened AJ. "Hey there AJ, you feeling ok?" The young boy looked up from his sad state to look up a Violet. "They took Clem, and...and." The sudden sound of running distracted the pair. From around the corner an exhausted and panting Andrew appeared, "Sorry to interrupt but I think I found it." He said breathing heavily. "Found what?" Louis said stepping out of the tower. "AJ how about you go hang out with Louis whilst I talk to Andrew." The boy nodded and followed Louis out of the area.

Andrew leant against the tower wall and looked at the map in his hands. "There main base is inside an old factory a few miles away." He said pointing on the folded map. "Did you see them, are they ok?" Violet asked worried. Andrew sighed, "I couldn't get too close or they would have spotted me but on the outer edge of the facility there is a pen filled with people, problem is there is about 30 people between us and them."
Violet looked sadly at the exhausted man "However" he added "near the back of the factory I saw an old propane tank, if we could blow that thing up we get a window to get an opportunity." He said with a slight enthusiasm. Violet sudden sprung to life upon hearing that. "Ok, what do we need to do?" She asked with a sudden urgency. Andrew looked eagerly at the lonely blonde. "Ok right so I'm going to need..."

A Few Hours Later, Clementine

Yet again the loud metal door crashed open and an armed guard walked in, however instead of walking around aimlessly until they found somebody to do there manual labour they directed themselves towards Clementine and James. "Up." The first demanded, "Hands behind your backs!" Yelled another. Before they could react they were forced to their feet and had their hands tied. They were quickly escorted out of the pen and into the main factory.

The inside of the factory was an expansive area, tents filled the majority of the floor space, providing a clear path towards a flight of stairs. As James and Clementine walked up the rusted steel stairs they could hear muffled voices coming from behind a set of doors. "Let them in!" A stern voice call from other side. The doors opened to reveal what seemed to be an old office now turned war room. "So, your little bitch who killed Lilly." A man said from the shadow.
The man stepped forward slowly revealing his face, his hair was starting to grey and his right eye was a shade of milky white with a noticeable cut in the centre. "Lilly was my second in command, my best recruiter and she was bested by a one legged kid." He continued to pace around the office, revealing more of his person. Clementine stayed silent and glared at the man. "Not much of a talker are you, little girl?" Said the man. "Minerva! Get in here!" He shouted at a door to the side of him. After a few seconds Minerva entered the room followed by Sophie and Tenn who both looked shaken. "Do you have it?" He asked grimly. "Yes Colter sir." Minerva said handing him an axe. "Now then, you two, get on your knees." He said sharply. "Fuck you." Clementine retorted. Colter sighed and walked towards James. "Thought you would say something like that."

He flipped the weapon in his hands as he walked towards him. He stopped abruptly and shook his head. "Shame, you would have been a good solider." Colter said frustrated. "You don't scar..." James reply was cut short as the axe embedded itself into the base of his neck. "James!" Clementine shouted as crimson streamed out of his neck and onto the floor and partially onto Clementine. "No then, your turn." He said aggressively. "Stop this, this is sick." Sophie shouted as her sister held her back, meanwhile the young Tennessee was shaken yet still remained somewhat composed. Clementine looked the man in his eyes and kneeled, she closed her eyes, however Clementine still had a trick up her sleeve. Using her bound hands she retrieved the knife from her back pocket and opened it and started to cut the bindings on her hands. She opened her eyes to see the axe mid swing, any attempt to dodge would still end in a fatal wound.

She closed her eyes again and braised for impact, however it never came, she opened her eyes to a scream, she looked down to see the lifeless body of Tenn who had jumped in the way of the axe. Clementine took this chance, with the short blade she thrusted upward towards the mans neck. Successful with her attack a sudden flow of blood erupted from his neck.

Clementine stood up and looked towards the others, Sophie was cradling the corpse of her dead brother whilst Minerva was running for the door. As she went to open the door a loud explosion was heard for miles around and panic erupted. Minerva looked at the door then back into the room, she looked sadly at her brothers corpse then opened the door and ran.

Clementine began to give chase, she entered the main factory floor where everyone was running outside to see what had happened. Clementine quickly made her way down the stair and to the open door, she looked around and saw a large cluster people surrounding a large fire on the opposite side of the facility. Clementine hurried over to the pen where Christa stood nervously. "Christa take these people and fight, we have to fight." She nodded and began leading the captives towards the supply shed, however during this the soldiers had noticed the and began to open fire. Clementine ran for cover next to an old building. As she looked for a path to escape she saw the carnage, the soldiers and the captives that had managed to reach the weapons fought on as she looked. As she watched she heard something strange behind her, as she turned she a flick of red before her feet were swept from behind her. As she regained her vision she saw Minerva, pistol in hand and ready to shoot. "You took everything from me." She shouted "My Home, My Family, My Girlfriend." The redhead added. "You deserve to die you..." She stopped talking as blood began to deep out of her mouth. She fell forward revealing a familiar cleaver stuck into the back of her skull.

Hey. Hope you enjoyed, sorry if the writing is a little shit I'm having some issues that make me all weird but I made it a longer chapter to make up for it. Have a cool day and dance more.
-ZQ