Adrenaline Rush

About a year later, A few months after the escape from the cannibals. Minerva and Abby.

"So how are we feeling about today's run?" Abby asked as she joined Minnie on the couch.

Minerva looked up from her journal, "Yeah sure, I need to get back out there eventually." She said slightly nervously.

Abby looked at the redhead and smiled softly, "Don't worry, I've got your back and if you get overwhelmed just get back to the lodge and I'll meet you here."

Minerva nodded and placed the book on the large coffee table, "When are we going?" She asked.

"No time like the present." She said enthusiastically, Abby walked over to the door a grabbed her coat of the nearby hook, she turned to Minerva and grabbed the green coat on the next hook, playfully throwing it at the redhead.

Minerva stood up as put on her jacket, "Ok, ok I'm coming. Minnie walked over to Abby who was holding the door open. "Ladies first."

As Minerva and Abby walked along the clear mountain path, a thin layer of frost covered the ground. Even though she had been there for a year Minerva had not left the security of the lodge and remained nearby at all times, this was her first time passing the threshold.

"We should be able to find some rabbits or even a deer if were lucky."

They eventually made it down the path and into the dense woodland. For a while they followed the over grown road until they made it to a fallen bridge. Abby pointed to a fallen tree a few meters on the other side of the bridge. "I had to carry you from there all the way back to the lodge."

Minerva smiled genuinely, "Wow you are strong."

Abby grinned a cheesy grin and flex her arm comically, "You know me total strong woman."
The dark haired woman was about the same highly as Minerva however she had noticeably larger muscles.

The pair of women looked at each other for a moment before bursting into loud laughter.

"Ok ok...we should probably keep quiet, we'll scare the animals." Abby said between laughter.

As Abby lead Minerva deeper into the forest in search of food the redhead suddenly became aware of how exposed she was. Her breath became shorter and more sudden, her posture shrunk and walking slowed. She shrunk and collapsed into a ball against the rocky cliff face next to her.

The other woman quickly turned as she noticed her companions state and ran to her side.

"Hey hey your ok." She consoled the worried redhead.

Minerva looked up, here eyes wide and pupils dark and big.

"Behind you!" She shouted and jumped to her feet, pushing past her and quickly kicking the walker that loomed there. Minerva began to rapidly kick the walking corpse until its distressed snarling stopped.

The crazed redhead looked around for more walkers her head darting around chaotically.

Abby approached the twitching woman calmly, she carefully hugged Minerva from behind.

"Shhhh It's ok, your ok I've got you." She whispered quietly.

The redhead shrunk in Abby's grasp, the aggressive feeling inside of her fading slowly away.

After a short moment the two women released each other, both blushing slightly from the intimate moment.

Abby quickly distracted herself by inspecting the new corpse.

The walker was scratched and beaten however it's skin was still pale and oddly fresh. The walkers arm was torn and large scratches covered its body.