Basement Buddies

Clementine looked at the four people in front of her.

On the left Andrew who slouched against the wall, his eyes heavy and dark. Next to him Harry stood excitedly in his colourful shirt, Clementine found it difficult to read any emotion on his near destroyed face.

Minerva stood next to him, she looked about the same from the last time she had seen her, she stared into her eyes looking for any hint of the person she previously fought. However her eyes seemed different, she looked at Clementine as if she was a complete stranger and her shrunken and almost fearful stance made her look like a different person.

Clementine then turned to the new woman, she has dark black hair which was tied in a messy bun. Her face was clean and her nose was pierced. She had warm brown eyed and only had once noticeable scar, a long claw mark similar to the ones found on Harry's head rand down the side of her face near her right ear.

"What is she doing here, she died I saw it happen." Clementine asked.

The woman took a deep breath, "Look I only know what those two told me and that wasn't much but I don't care, I love her and if you gonna try and kill her you going to have to come through me!" Abby declared as she stepped in front of a frightened Minerva.

Gabe, who stood just behind Clementine raised the gun in his hands and pointed it at the woman.

"Woah there kid you might want to think about what your doing because I can assure you I'll squeeze the life out of you before you could drop all four of us." Harry said threateningly.

Clementine turned to Gabe and pushed down his weapon, "Go get Violet and Louis, I can handle this."

Gabe left quickly, his footsteps echoed as he walked along the corridor above.

Clementine stood nervously as she waited, she looked to see if any of them tried to do anything suspicious.

Harry whispered something into Andrew's ear which made him laugh quietly, he then turned to Minerva and placed his hand on her shoulder, he whispered something to the two women. The Abby nodded and rubbed the redheads shoulder gently as she nervously stared at the ground.

Suddenly Harry twitched and focused briefly on the door at the top of the stairs. The door slowly creeped open and Gabe lead Louis and Violet down the stairs. Violet held her arm nervously and focused on her feet, she stood next to Clementine and the quickly grabbed her hand.

Clementine looked at Violet, she had not seen the blonde like this before, she was slouched and small like and sad puppy.

Louis scowled harshly at the redhead, his hand clenched in a fist. "You must have a lot of nerve showing up here?" He said, anger present in his voice.

"We don't want any trouble, we're only looking for a place to stay and we thought that here would be the right place. Harry told me Minnie had a sister, I thought that she would want to see her." Abby said with confidence.

Clementine stepped forward and took a closer look at Minerva. "Is that true, you have a sister here?" Clementine asked the frightened redhead.

"I-I think so.. I remember a boat and t-the water... she fell a-and I never saw h-her again." She stuttered.

Louis groaned violently, "Why is she talking like that?" He yelled.

Minerva hissed at his voice and clutched the back of her head, she recoiled and stumbled backwards. Harry and Abby rushed to her side, the stumbling redhead hummed a tune shakily, Abby began to quietly sung lyrics into her ear.

"Never mind they darkness"

Clementine furrowed her brow in concentration.

"Never mind the storm"

Violet looked up slowly, "No." she said dryly.

"Never mind was the blood red moon"

"Stop!" Violet yelled. "Stop it!" Her voice echoed around the basement.

Clementine gripped the blonde's hand tightly as she shook violently.

Everyone turned to Violet, "How do you know that song?" She demanded.

"When I found her she was mumbling it to herself, it's the only way to calm her." Abby responded calmly.

The sudden screech of the basement hatch drew everyone's attention to the opposite end of the room.
Distant sunlight crept in and voice called out.

"Hello. Hello. I heard yelling, are you ok?" She called.

Louis turned and ran for the hatch, "Sophie stay back!"

Sophie continued into the basement, "Hey what's wrong, I heard yelling?"

Louis blocked her path, "No no were fine you can go." Louis said unconvincingly.

"Hey! Hey! Sophie long time no see!" Harry called excitedly from the back of pain the room.

Sophie pushed passed Louis and stepped forward then she froze, she stared silently at the other redhead.

"You...y-you." Sophie paused and an isolated tear crept down her face. "He died because of you!" Sophie dashed forward, Louis and Clementine struggled to hold her back as she aggressively forced her way towards her twin. "He's dead!" She sobbed, her anger had turned to sadness and she dropped slowly to he knees.

Clementine let go of the crying redhead and turned to Violet who was consoling Sophie as if nothing had happened to her. "Get then out of here I'll take care of Soph." Violet said calmly.

The group slowly followed Clementine out of the basement and into the snow, they clustered together and looked at Clementine, "Well what are you going to do?" Abby asked.

The brunette sighed, she was unsure what to do.
On one hand she didn't want to send anyone out to die, especially someone she knew but on the other she didn't know if she could trust Minerva and control everyone's reactions.

"Go to room 13 and wait, we're going to have to take a vote." She finally said.

Harry nodded and ushered the other to follow him.

"Room 13, huh... must be our lucky day." Andrew chuckled as he past.

"Oh and Clem, where is our stuff, I need to get something." Harry asked.

Clementine looked at the group sternly, "You'll get your stuff when we make out decision, now go."

Wow I'm really into writing right now, hope you enjoy this little problem.
-ZQ