CHAPTER 13:Helpless

CHAPTER 13: Helpless.

"Wake up, please wake up", I heard Tiana's voice scream. It sounded so distant like a dream or maybe I was dead, well that could work, but then she shook me.

"Wake up Thaliah", she said again. This time I was alert, I opened my eyes to look into Tiana's terrified eyes.

"Where are we?" I asked, as I placed my fingers to my temple. I felt like I was having the headache of the century and I felt so tired like I hadn't slept in days.

"I don't know, all I remember was, that crazy man was going to pulverize us and I closed my eyes waiting for it to happen. I wondered what was taking them so long, so I opened my eyes when I did we were here", she said awkwardly.

"Well this really sucks", I said getting up. That's when I realized we were in a forested area. The forest was dense, but there was a path we were able to follow. We started walking, we needed to find help any help, one thing I knew for sure this definitely was not Tristan da Cunha.

Where were we really? I thought. We had no food or water; we didn't have our phones it was left back at the house when we came to the beach. There was no life in sight but I hoped that as we followed the path we would at least find something or someone. As I looked up into the trees little sun light came through them but it looked about mid-afternoon from the position the light shone.

"What time do you think it is?" Tiana asked looking over her shoulder.

"About two or three" I shrugged.

"Oh okay", she said.

We walked about a mile or so in silence, still no sign of life, except for the trees that is. This was definitely getting to me, everything felt so lonely and Tiana was starting to get anxious, I saw it every time she looked at me.

Then I got it, I was such an idiot. If animals were here I had the ability to call them as I used to do at home on the farm. Tiana looked around and saw that I had stopped walking and came to my side.

"What's wrong", she asked nervously.

"I just got an idea", I said, "I could call out to the animals if any are here and get help",

"What", Tiana shrieked, "all this time we've been, walking when you have the ability to find life, what the hell is wrong with you".

I stared at here open-mouthed. She had totally lost it. She was afraid, I mean who wouldn't be? We had no idea where we were and didn't even know if we would find anyone, but the solution wasn't to freak out? I grabbed Tiana by the shoulders and shook her, she tried to get out of my grasp but I held her tight.

"Look at me Tiana! take a very good look at me. You have to relax, panicking is not going to get us out of here, okay", I pleaded. She was crying now, her breathing shallow.

"I will find a way out of here, just calm down and trust me", I said. Tiana collapsed and I held her, this was becoming too much for her, I could feel her fear and anxiety. We sat there for a while, as Tiana cried and tried to gain of control of herself. She wasn't the energetic, fun person I knew right now, she was scared and hurt and I had to fix that.

I got up feeling the air and the space for any kind of movement, I felt nothing.

Tiana looked up at me with uncertainty. "Are you tracking for animal life", Tiana asked.

"Yeah", I replied. I had to focus more, so I closed my eyes and widened my range, today was definitely a bad day if I had to focus so hard. That's when I felt energy, it was way out and maybe enclosed in something, because its energy signal was very low. It was about 10 to 15 miles away from where we were and it wasn't going to be pretty. We were already at the foot of a hill and had to climb, we were both exhausted and Tiana was getting more stressed by the minute but we couldn't stop, not right now we would have to find a safe place first.