CHAPTER 44: Trouble, Trouble, Trouble...

Sorry i took so long to uplpoad, computer issues....

CHAPTER 44: Trouble, Trouble, Trouble.

The Reindeer’s house was like an ice sculpture, everything was made of ice, but it wasn’t cold. We hadn’t seen the reindeer since we got there, but an elf was the butler was taking us on a tour. If I didn’t know any better, I would have assumed that Santa wasn’t far away, but I knew better.

The elf took us to a huge animated looking room, it was kind of like Saber, wild looking and he seemed to approve, guess the Reindeer knew what he liked.

“Tiger, this is your room, you will reside here for the rest of your stay with us, anything you need there will always be an accompanying elf nearby”, the elf said.

“Thank you Saber”, replied, “But where will Thaliah be staying”.

“She will be staying in a room down the hall. Now Miss Thaliah if you will please follow me we shall go to your…”, but he didn’t get to finish because Saber had begun speaking.

“Thaliah, will be staying with me”, he said, and I could hear the authority he spoke with.

“Tiger, those were not my orders”, the elf said.

“I am her guardian, and she will stay only with me”, he said, as the elf looked at him.

“Very well then”, the elf said, and exited the room.

“Okay, what was that”, I asked.

“Vaarien is already here and I will not leave you in a room alone here. These rooms have secret passages and it is very difficult to find again”, he said.

“Oh”, I replied, “So where do I sleep”, I asked.

“There’s a room through that door that has a bed, I will sleep out here”, he said.

“Thank you”, I replied as I went to enter the room, “I am going to take a nap”, I said.

“Sure, I will find out the details for our stay”, he said.

The room was huge and the bed was massive, you could roll as you liked. The bed could have held about ten people, and it was made from gold. I was wondering where Saber was going to sleep but as usually he would work out his plans. I saw a closet in the corner of the room, that held all kinds of cloth, but there were no clothes, which may account to the fact that this wasn’t my room. I could understand Saber’s decision to let me stay with him, for all I knew I wouldn’t have made it to the room I would have or even worse be placed in Vaarien’s room. I didn’t know what Vaarien’s method of payback was but I was sure being in the same building with him wasn’t going to be awesome.

If it was up to me I wouldn’t have come but with the gifts I  must receive there were periods at which they must be collected, at periods close after or they would be render null and void and whatever I would need them for would no longer be there. Taking a week to get here shortened the time tremendously and I needed to meet her so she could tell me what to do, but I needed to get some sleep, you would think that with all these abilities some human things would just go, guess I was wrong.

So I went and curled up in the bed, it was quiet comfortable, I could hear Saber pacing around outside, guess he was getting anxious.

Three hours later, I opened my eyes, I had the most peaceful sleep in a long time, somehow I didn’t feel threatened here, I felt comfortable even with the knowledge that Vaarien was around. When I turned on my side, I sighed because there in a wooden chair was Vaarien, with his curly hair, pale skin and grey eyes. He was watching at me, his facial expression was unreadable, when I looked into his eyes they were empty, it was the first time I had ever seen that look on him.