CHAPTER 55: The Moon Goddess

I opened my eyes to a blinding light, I wasn’t aware I had passed out. It took time for the light to clear, but I was looking for Amelia.

“Amelia”, I called.

There was no answer.

“Amelia”, I said again.

“She is right here”, I heard a voice respond.

“Amelia”, I said again.

“Yeah”, she answered.

“You okay”, I asked.

“I’m fine”, she said

“Your eyes will adjust soon”, the woman said.

“Where are we”, I asked.

“On the Moon”, I heard Amelia say.

A few minutes later my eyes adjusted, I realized we were in a bright room, it was really beautiful. Amelia was sitting on a couch beside a brown skinned woman that had lovely hair. She was very beautiful.

Hello Thaliah”, she said, “My name is Nala”.

“Hi”, I said. My chest was burning now and it was taking all I had to not say ow.

“The luck you have of getting out of sticky situations is most amazing”, she said.

“Meaning”, I asked curiously.

“You knew that there was no way you were going to get up here”, she said.

“Actually I didn’t know that”, I answered.

“Well that was supposed to be true, yet here you stand”, she said.

“So how did I get up here”, I asked.

“It was because of Amelia”, she answered.

“I don’t follow”, I said.

“Amelia was holding your hand when you chanted, wasn’t she”, she asked.

“Yes”, I said.

“Bingo”, she answered, “There is no way you can get into a light territory on your own”, she said, I got it then.

“But Amelia is also a dark creature”, I said.

“Between the two of you, you know who would be chosen”, she said.

Well I shouldn’t have been surprised by that but I was, it seemed as if I was some kind of infection they couldn’t wait to get rid of, some disease they couldn’t wait to cure.

“I see”, I said.

“I know why you are here daughter of Neptune, so I will not stall the subject”, she said.

“Where can I find what I need”, I said.

“The issue is if you can withstand what it will take to have what you seek”, she said.

“I can”, I said.

“So eager to set things right”, she said, “Let’s see if you are as tough as you appear”.

I said nothing, as I watched her go to a corner and take out a white book, Amelia came and drew me to a couch on the other side of the room.

“Daughter of Neptune, you will answer these questions, from them your fate will be sealed”, she said. I didn’t really like all this fate talk.

“Okay”, I said.

“Defense or offense? She asked.

“What”, I asked.