CHAPTER 21: Half-Truths

HEY WORLD SO THIS IS MY UPLOAD, HALF-TRUTHS.TODAY IS A SPECIAL UPLOAD BECAUSE TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I AM REALLY EXCITED. SO MAKE MY DAY BY SENDING ME A COMMENT OR TWO.HAPPY READING WORLD.

CHAPTER 21: Half Truths.

Saber ran all night and when day clean came we were in a forested area, the only signs of life were the trees and the animals around us. It was so peaceful there, the air was so clean, I hoped that I wouldn’t have to leave Grams after I had just gotten there, but it was for the best of everyone, wasn’t it? Then why did I feel like crap?

Lucky thing for Saber, he never ran out of energy and could survive basically on anything, I was hungry and my stomach protested.

“You’re hungry”, he said.

“Very”, I replied, why am I hungry anyway, when I’m supposed be immortal”.

“It is because you are attached to the earth and you do live on it”, he said.

“Explain”, I said.

“For you being the hybrid that you are, living on earth adapted you to that which is on it so you live off of what humans do”, he said.

“Okay”, I said, as we continued walking.

 “There are some edible plants not far from here”, he said. So we walked the distance Saber had predicted and found some fruit trees in a group.

“So what do we do now”, I asked Saber.

“We must keep moving”, he said.

“Where are we going to go”, I asked.

“Just eat your breakfast and I’ll tell you when you’re done”, he said.

So I ate and we walked in silence, Saber seemed distracted but we went onward and came to a river. Walking beside Saber felt like the greatest thing, he was huge and fierce looking and yet could pass as a cuddly pet.

“Who was tracking us”, I asked as I sat at the water’s edge, Saber sitting beside me.

“Saber, minimize”, I said and he got smaller.

“I can minimize on my own you know”, he said.

“Well I’m sorry I didn’t know”, I replied amused.

“Somehow I feel that I am not at my full potential”, I said, “when I first transitioned I felt extremely powerful and now I feel about less than quarter of that effect”.

“You are restricted by Mercardian”, he said, “Since before your transition you were a topic of very deep discussion of what the high officials expected from you. Your power levels have never been seen before”.

“So they think I am a threat”, I said.

“A very big threat. You are able to do things that some of them cannot even do themselves, and over time especially for hybrids your power can cause you to change if you are not careful. It has happened before and the high officials are not looking for a repeat, that’s the reason why relations between the sides are highly forbidden”, he said.

“I don’t even understand what’s becoming of me and everyone thinks I am a threat”, I said.

“There is so much that you won’t understand now, but you have the rest of eternity to figure it out”, he smiled.

 “Will you stay with me forever”, I asked, looking at the river.

“As long as you want me”, he said.

“I think I may want you forever”, I replied but Saber chuckled.

“We must get moving”, he said.