CHAPTER 56: Pro-Deceiver

As we settled down, Nala went to another shelf and pulled out this huge ass book, it was black, trimmed with gold and had a crescent shaped emerald stone.

“This holds the history from the beginning of time, it holds history only a handful of mythicals know about, not even your parents know these things”, Nala said as she looked at me.

She placed the book on a large table and opened it, she turned some pages then she stopped and looked up at us before she began to speak.

“In the beginning of time, our father, the one no one ever speaks about decided to create a land far away from his own. He wasn’t the only one of his kind but he had separated from his people and came to this open space. He was responsible for this area of space and he wanted to do something different from everyone else. When he created the earth it was a large flat surface spilling with life. Then he created two individuals from the same matter, almost everyone is created from different matter.

They were given the ability to rule over this surface, they weren’t totally opposites but they had different takes on what life should be. They never agreed on anything and always had arguments about what should be done. The maker had made one more mature in the ways of life than the other and he was more the bigger, responsible brother. He always took things seriously and saw them through to the end, but the other wasn’t really like this. He was more the humorous type, bashful rarely serious but neither were easily swayed. So along with their father they created what they think should exist and created everything we see and know about in life”, she said.

“How did no one find out about this”, Amelia asked.

“No one can come here unless I allow and trust me I don’t allow much”, she said.

“So no one knows of what you have told us so far”, I said.

“As I said only a handful of people know, about four others including myself”, she said.

“So you have met these people”, Amelia asked.

“All except the one no one talks about, but I have spoken with him”, Nala said.

“So what do the mythicals think”, Amelia asked.

“A completely less informed version of what I am about to tell you”, she said.

“Okay”, Amelia and I said in unison.

“Humans had been created long after this, it was just different levels of mythicals that had existed and I was one of the first, so I know this. With the lands becoming populated the people had begun to argue about space and power. Sometimes the fights got so terrible mythicals got injured severely, so they decided to come to a conclusion. The brothers had people who favored them, so they had their own clans. So they separated to different corners of the earth with their followers, but they began to expand, so fights broke out all over the place”, she said as she turned a page.

“Who were these individuals”, I asked.

“You will understand soon”, she said, “So to resolve the fights the maker put the brothers to sleep, spinning the planet, when they awoke, they found themselves in two different territories, one was on the dark side where the moon shone and the other on the light side where the sun shone. This was how the mythicals were separated into light and dark, it wasn’t based on their nature, back then there wasn’t much evil either.

So they had marked territories and everyone thought this would settle the issue but there were others who thought that they should have more land and dominion. So to end the strife, the maker broke off the ends of the earth, placing a portion above it and a portion below it. The light mythicals were above and the dark ones were below, he then turned the earth into a sphere so that it would spin between these two, building many pathways for travel between each of them. Then there was a period of peace where the mythicals travelled both ways, there were few conflicts and everyone seemed to get along. They were assigned duties to their nature, there was the god of war, of love, of hope, of peace, of confusion, of jealousy, it was about every possible feeling and belief