EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

We sat on a hill that overlooked a large city; the people didn’t speak our language. The dragon had taken off an hour before, only god knew where he went but Naeviah had curled up into a ball under a tree. The night was cool as I looked at the stars that twinkled down. What kind of world was this that the people fought with fire, to destroy each other. If this Nathaliah had been the earth’s cover and she gave her role to her daughter, Thaliah who was probably me, I wasn’t doing a very good job in covering the earth either.

I needed to find out about my life maybe the demi-god could be of some help, the issue now was to find her. I had a brother and a father and friends yet I couldn’t recall any of it, what had my life been like before this. I felt my stomach churn, I was hungry again. I had eaten earlier but I was very hungry now. I looked over at Naeviah, I didn’t want to bite her but I needed to feed or I would.

So I went down the hill to a house that was nearby, I had to feed from someone or I would hurt everyone else. As I walked up to the door, I hadn’t planned yet how I was going to feed, but I knocked anyway.

 When the door opened, a little girl about six years old stood looking up at me, she looked terrified. But who wouldn’t be, as I looked into her eyes I saw my reflection, I wasn’t scary but those red eyes would freak anyone out. I quickly hurried away; there was no point in making a scene when I didn’t have to. I heard the little girl’s voice as she explained what she saw, she was… crying. That hurt to think I was some monster, but in reality I was a monster a warm blooded one, with fangs and blood red eyes.

I wrapped the coat I was wearing firmly around myself and stiffly went up the hill, sensing for someone that would come along. Out in the distance I felt some people, I didn’t know what they were doing but I was hungry and they could feed me. So I began sprinting in their direction. I came in to view, they were having some kind of a celebration, and they were dressed in small pieces of clothing with masks and markings on their faces and bodies. Most of them were drunk, and the scent was thick in the air. I saw a girl sitting by herself; she was looking on at what was happening. So I began walking up to her, some people stared but that didn’t distract me. I was still wearing the gown from Vampire country so I obviously looked odd.

“Do you speak English”, I asked.

She nodded.

“Hey”, I said. She smiled at me.

“I like your eyes”, she said, with an unfamiliar accent.

“Me too”, I said.

“Can you show me where I can use a washroom”, I asked. I saw it clearly in the distance but the aim was to get her away from the crowd.

“Sure”, she said.

“It’s down the beach”, she answered.

“Where”, I asked.

“Come on, I’ll show you”, she smiled, standing. As she began walking I followed.