CHAPTER 58: Broken

so this is chapter 58, i have be throwing around ideas in my head a whole lot. But this is an interesting view from Tiana. Tell me what you rhink as alwyas, do comment and happy reading world...

 CHAPTER 58: Broken. (Tiana POV)

    It was almost a week, since we saw Thaliah or her sister. The girls and I returned to Cheer University and we were trying to track Thaliah. I mean she said she never wanted to see us again but that didn’t mean I was going to listen. She was my best friend, I knew I was crossing my boundaries with her on the Amazon but I wanted her to see that this was indeed a war and she couldn’t be weak.

 Yet what I learnt the most was that Thaliah had this ability to feel deeply for others, that made her different from us all but this was going to get ugly and she needed to be strong. What she had done for Saber was commendable but Saber was willing to die for her, die that she would survive. She was angry but she could never hate us, she wasn’t like that, I know we broke her heart by what we did, but what we did with Vaarien and withholding information was for the best. She was even happier with Vaarien around, but Vaarien was bad news, something about him didn’t add up but Saber felt this was the only option we had to keep her safe.

 There was a soft knock at the door then; I was in Dominic’s office.

 “Tiana”, I heard Morganna ask.

 “Yes, I’m here”, I said, “Have you found Thaliah”.

 “No, but we have a much bigger problem”, she said.

 “Than finding Thaliah”, I asked, eyebrows rose.

 “It is about Thaliah”, she said.

 “What”, I asked alarmed, from Morganna’s expression. That’s when she burst into tears.

 “We think…” she began.

 “What do you think”, I asked.

 I wasn’t about to think the worst, not now. The second most horrible thing I could think was that Thaliah’s hybrid was on the loose and she was in tow or that Vaarien got what he wanted and they were planning the world’s demise, both of which could be fixed, but not the thought I was desperately pushing to the back of my head.

 “Thaliah, may be dead”, she sobbed.

“Oh come on, that isn’t possible, she is a hybrid god”, I said.

 “Ketura was searching her future, and she couldn’t be found, her glow, the one that identifies her as a god has gone out”, she continued to sob.

 “I don’t believe it, not Thaliah. She is the strongest of us”, I said.

 “Ketura has never been wrong before”, Morganna wept.

 “She maybe now”, I said, “Where is Thaliah’s sister, Amelia”, I asked. I knew that they had left together.

 “Somewhere in the Indian Ocean with Neptune for the last three days”, she said.

 “We need to contact her”, I said, “We have to find Thaliah”.

 I just couldn’t accept that Thaliah was dead, not her maybe anyone else even me but not her, it couldn’t be. Maybe she was laying low; maybe she was hiding or found a new technique to clothe herself. I knew Ketura was never wrong, she was our future seeing elf, but she had to be wrong now, she had to be.

 “Have Ketura and Saber come”, I said to Morganna.

 “Okay”, she answered and left.

I knew I wouldn’t be disturbed for a while, the campus was practically empty except for the high level elves and witches that stayed here. Dominic left to attend a mid-earth meeting and was supposed to get back the day before, but I guess it wasn’t going that well because he had not yet returned. Yet I would have to see Thaliah’s body, to believe she had died. As I continued to ponder her fate Saber, Morganna and Ketura walked in.