CHAPTER 46: Vaarien and I.

“So I see that leaving you two alone, hadn’t been the best idea I have ever had”, Saber said. I sprang up, he was at my side of the bed, but Vaarien didn’t move from his position.

“You’re back”, I said awkwardly.

“Yes, I am. Did you sleep well”’, he said as he glared at Vaarien.

“It was okay”, I replied, he only grunted.

“Will, someone explain to me why there is a dead elf in front of the door”, he said.

“Yes, I would really like to know”, a very tall woman said as she entered the room.

She was very tall indeed, about seven feet. She had long blonde hair, grey eyes, somewhat like Vaarien’s and a light blue complexion which was beautiful. She had a pretty face but she looked to be in her late thirties, which didn’t mean a thing, she was ancient.

“Thaliah, this is the reindeer”, Saber said, “Vaarien’s sister, Ophelia”.

Well that piece of information sent me for six; Vaarien had a sister, who would have guessed and I was in the most awkward of positions, I suddenly became self-conscious.

“Hi”, I said nervously.

“I guess it’s time we had a talk, Ophelia”, Vaarien said, as he sat up.

“I think, it’s time we did”, she said as she turned and exited the room.

“I will see you later”, Vaarien said as he touched my face, he looked at Saber then got up and left.

“Well this must be really awkward for you”, Saber said sarcastically.

“Don’t you dare start with me”, I said.

“I leave you here alone for a night, and you are in bed with Vaarien”, he said in disbelief.

“We were just sleeping”, I said.

“Really, would that include the fact that you don’t have a top on”, he asked.

“Wait, what are you getting at”, I said stiffly.

“Look don’t try to make excuses, I can smell the scents of raging hormones”, he said turning away from me.

“I didn’t have sex with Vaarien”, I said rather too angrily.

“Then explain yourself”, he suggested.

“We had an argument and I left to get something to eat. When I had eaten, I threw up everything, I don’t know what was in it, then blood came up, and boom, the hybrid came out”, I said.

“What”, Saber said.

“Yeah, she was very interested in having sex with Vaarien, of course I wasn’t, but I can’t control her”, I said.

“So how did you change back”, he asked.

“Vaarien bit me and well here I am”, I said smiling.

“Son of a bitch”, he said stressfully, I gasped at that, Saber was losing his vocabulary, “I am sorry for my choice of words”, he said.

“It’s okay”, I said, I understood he was under stress, “The meeting didn’t go well I’ll assume”.

“It was the worse”, he said.

“This just keeps getting better and better”, I sighed.

“What happened to the elf”, he asked as he threw himself on the bed, he was mentally tired.