Chapter thirty nine

Recap...

"Gevone" I choked as the feeling began switching up and on...

Whats wrong with me

...

His eyes slightly light up at the sound of his name, but only in a flash. his face was stone cold, set, as if he was in pain that he needed my help to break through.i blinked, trying to take control over the overwhelming feelings that were rushing through my bones. clearing my throat after the long pause that took place between us, i felt Gevones hold on my arm loosen, giving me space to move out of his space and because of this, he moved closer  to follow my movement instantly.

"Beauty" His voice was stern, he knew what i was trying to do, he knew i was purposely running away from him and by the fed up look of his face, i knew it was time to stop.

"yes?" i aswered back while looking down at my heels, there was a pause between us, and for a moment, all we could hear was the muffled music coming from the house and the many teens talking and shouting to eachother, the weather felt cool, which helped me calm my emotions, There was a breeze rushing by , brushing my skin tenderly like a ducks feather...then footsteps, his footsteps...i could hear as he got closer, and in one moment of staring  down at my heels, the next i i was looking at both my heels and his coffee desert boots, i blinked at the distance between the shoes, and reslised that it meant that our bodies were close too...my eyes slowly trailed up, to his navy trousers, salmon coloured shirt and cofee blazer, his hands hidden in the deep of his pockets, the brown skin of his long neck and a soft ridge where his adams apple petruded from, for a moment , i was scared tio look up to his face, i was scared that all the weird feelings would come rushing back in my system that i wont be able to control myself.

at the feeling of his hot minty breath on my face, i blinked out of my thoughts, and took the courage to look up to his face, he...he was a man, a handsome man...a-and...i was... in love with him? i felt myself smile inside while looking at him closely , then something clicked inside of  me.

that it!, i thought in the moment.

...i...Beauty is in love with...Gevone...my best friend... hoe else am i supposed to explain all the jelousy, the wierd butterflies whenever he gave me his attention... but...is this what being  in love felt like?

"im sorry" he apologised suddenly, making me frowned...

"W-what? " i stammered... Gevones face stayed expressionless, while my eyes darted around in his in confusion, he looked down at me and swallowed slowly before his jaw muscles clenched..

"im sorry for whatever it is that i did, that has made you...avoid me for the past few da-" he exclaimed making my heart melt with guilt.

"G-Gevone no" i stopped him shutting my eyes tightly for a moment, when i opened the frown on his face made me feel even more guilty. "im sorry, ive been a...ive been selfish lately, and i wouldnt do this normally but recently, i-"  i stopped myself before i blurted out that i loved him "i um...i just havent been myself, lately"

Gevones face stayed frowning for a second as he watched my face, before he smiled politely with a short nod, but something was still not right, the crease on his forehead showed that something was bothering him

"what is it?, whats wrong?" i asked stretching my hand to his arm subconsiously. he shook his head and took one hand from his pocket before running it along his shortly cut hair...

"no, dont worry...its.." he breathed "its nothing" 

even though his voice soinded calm, i could tell' that 'he' was going through something, like something was bothering him... "Gevone" my voice was stern , and so was my expression, he began mumbling excuses and soon started moving away from me, i suddenly felt rejected and abandoned but i didnt let this stop me from finding out whatever it is that he wanted to say. i brabbed his muscled arms and pulled him to look at me, stumbling in the process because of my heels, i began to fall.