chapter thirty six.

S.K

two days  before beauty's birthday...yinka takes mercy shopping.... 

--------------------------------------------------------------

MERCY'S POV.

i gulped on the icy orange juice, i felt it sooth my throat as i savoured rough yet sweet taste. my eyes wondered to the clock on my kitchen wall, my glass still lingered on my teeth and lips. i sighed and set the glass down, then licked my lipss,they had a faint taste of oranges and strawberry lip balm. i stood from the chair i was siting and pushed it away leaving a gap of space for my thick body to move through. i padded over to the sink and washed up my glass and then set in besode the sink, i decided that even though it was 12;30 and that yinka was half an hour late, i'd do something to keep me occupied. i headed to my room, where my used to be ratty bed was neatly done in the bed civers that 'yinka' of course had put in money towards.i went to my stacked shoes, i had 4 pairs of shoes, my old black flats that a month ago i would have said they were fine, but looking a how they leaned like fake uggs, i realised how i must have looked like to other people my age, and why they always gave me the 'look'...i sighed and grabbed them before chucking them in the bin. yinka had brought me the three pairs of shoes that i had left...a pair of black vans, which i did tell are that they were expensive, the chocolate brown brogues that i loved and still do so much when i saw them in stock, i tried to say no when yinka offered to buy them but in the end i gave in, and lastly, a pair of black pumps with spikes  on the front of them (you know those ones), yinka brought them for me when we first met, she said i should throw away my old ones and use the ones that she got, i was so grateful litelry in tears when she gave them to me, shes an amazing person, too nice to me. thats why i'm looking and have been handing in my CV in shops , anywhere really, so that i can pay for myself, and one of these days, aunty's money will run out, and i'll be stuck in foster homes. i dont want that...sighing, i grabbed my brogues and slipped them on. i grabbed a purse  that used to be my umm...mums. i frowned and bit my lip, digging my nails into the leather fabric of the bag, i grabbed on tighter and tighter, my nails staring to throb untill....Ding Dong!

fumbling from where i was standing, i went to my desk, and grabbed my keys and stumbled downstairs  to the door, i opened it to see a smiling yinka, i smiled back and raised my brows.

"ready to shop?" yinka asked with excitement,.

i sighed rolling my eyes "you mean am i ready to let you pay for thin-"

"M, please dont start this again yh?, were going to have fun, plus, i dont mind paying" yinka smiled while pulling my arm.."aand!...its all a birthday present, i cant believe i didnt know, i didnt even get you a Card!-"

"-fine!, hold on, let me shut the do-" 

yinka snatched the keys from my hand and quickly locked the door then turned to me and dropped the keys in my bag.

"Leggo!" she said pulling my arm. we walked a few minutes untill  we reached the bus stop, i dug around my bag till i pull out my yster card, looking at the skinny,pretty little girl on the picture staring back at me with glowing dark eyes. i frowned with a cringe and before i knew it, yinka yanked the oyster.

"whats so bad about this, you look amazing, just like how you look now" she shrugged handing me the oyster back, i glared at her, she shrugged agaain and my eyes softtened, see what i mean when i say that yinka is an amazing person? i sighed and stood up as the bus slowly pulled up. getting on the red bus we headed at the back of the downstairs, yinka smiled at the two old ladies sitting at the front, they smiled back at her as she passe, i smiled at them, they watched me with mute eyes, one of them frowned then turned to whisper to the other one, who looked me up and down before nodding then shaking her head in shame, i nearly fell as the bus started moving, yinka pulled me just in time to sit next to her, she looked at me with creased brows, i shook my head them smiled with a sigh. inside, it hurt, but i needed to get on with my life instead of waiting for someone to come along and make me realise that, yes, i am thick, yes my skin isnt the best, even if its gotten better over the last 2 months, and yes im not approachable, but its what i deserve. all of this is meant to happen, to punish me.