Chapter 14

Yukio's POV

I guess this mission would be alright for Shura, Rin and I but I can't help but feel like Shiemi's still not ready for this kind of thing.

And what's with locking us up like this?

I shook these thoughts out of my head to focus at the task at hand.

I kept shooting at my opponent but he was too fast and kept dodging.

Damn it.

"Ice make-" I took this opportunity to duck behind a block of ice he made appear from before.

"Spear!" About fifteen ice spears shot up from the ground. I backed up to dodge when one knocked my glasses off.

Great this just got a lot harder.

I landed on my back and slid a bit on the ice. I tried to get up quickly but that proved to be a problem.

I then crouched behind another block of ice to reload my pistols when I hear a scream.

I look over and see Kuro ripping the wings off some blue cat with his teeth.

Or at least that's what it looks like from here. it's kinda hard to see like this.

Sometimes I forget that he's a demon too and how he can be in this form.

It reminds me of the day we got him after a mission to take him down since he went crazy like this.

It's strange I've never seen two demon cats brawl like this before. Brawl? no...more like, I've never seen a demon cat being Mauled by another.

From what I could make out It was pretty gory for my liking so I looked away as Kuro finishes him off.

Three of the demons yelled "Happy" and visibly looked upset. What a strange thing to say.

All but the one against Shura who didn't seemed fazed by this and was too focused on fighting.

Once there was nothing left of the blue cat but a green bag, the field around Kuro went down and the others were expanded.

Kuro then returned to his original form and was poofed away. Probably Mephistos doing.

I noticed my opponent was distracted by what happened so I dove in to get my glasses.

"Don't have an extra pair on you this time?" Shura teased from her side of the wall barrier.

"Shut up..." can't she be serious for once?

I grabbed them and put them on to see one of the lenses were broken.

Now I really wish I would've had an extra pair on me.

I then looked up to see the half naked ice demon staring off at another one of the demons.

"Natsu's not gonna like this..." he mumbled looking down.

Nows my chance.

I aimed for his head and pulled the trigger.

The bullet was blocked by an ice shield that appeared out of nowhere!

The ice broke and behind it I saw the demon glare in my direction.

"You think you can hit me that easily you've got another thing coming" he said almost offended.

"Tch" I picked my guns up and kept shooting at him only skimming him every once in a while.

But that was better than nothing.

-------------------------------------

Shiemi's POV

I was in shock seeing how Kuro could hurt that little blue cat like that!

I've never seen him so big either.

"Wow Shiemi did you see that? Kuros pretty scary huh?" Rin said grinning from the other side of the transparent barrier.

I just nodded nervously seeing how he wasn't fazed by this.

Rin hasn't started fighting yet but I guess you could say me and Lucy have.

I asked Nee to set up a tree barrier in between the two of us while she summoned a cow to chop the tree down.

This kept her busy for a while as I tried to figure out what to do next.

I looked back at Rin's opponent Natsu who looked really scary.

He hadn't moved since Kuro finished and a dark shadow covered his eyes,
head down.

Rin didn't seem to mind and was just happy that we got to talk for a bit.

He was sitting on the floor smiling with his tail waving all about.

I wish I could be like that...so calm in such a dangerous situation.

Natsu then grit his teeth and clenched his fists.

Rin and I both looked at him in silence.

He then picked his head up and flames appeared around his hands.

"You ready to fight yet demon?" Rin teased him. Doesn't he get that this is a fight to the death?

Then again... Even I have trouble believing this.

"Alright get her torus!" Lucy yelled

I looked up to see not only that the cow that she summoned has cut through the barrier but that he was staring right at me only inches away.

"I dunno Ms. Lucy she seems like a real cutie" said Torus. or at least that's what that Lucy girl called him.

"We don't have time for this!" She yelled back at him.

"Oh right, sorry pretty lady but Ms. Lucy's always on top" he then said to me.

"Wha-" before I could ask a simple one word question he used the side of his axe and sent me flying to the wall of the barrier knocking the wind out of me.

"Shiemi!" Rin yelled but couldn't do anything for me.

I tried to get up but was too weak.

I heard Rin try to yell again but was cut off by something. All I could see were flames from the corner of my eye.

But they weren't Rins they were different somehow.

I slowly began to black out until I could see nothing more.

That's the end of this chapter I hope you enjoyed it!

I will be updating as soon as possible and thank you again for your patience.

comment and vote