Chapter 22

Yukio's POV

Following Natsu around hasn't been the easiest task in the word I'll be honest, between having Shiemi on my back and this guy running around its more than a little difficult to keep up with him.

I'm already weary from fighting all day I don't know how these guys can keep going as if they just had coffee.

"They should be just up here, hurry up." he said looking forward heading towards the woods, I sure hope I can trust him.

"Yeah, working on it" I replied struggling to keep up. He glanced back at me and stopped running then turned to face me directly.I slowed down and finally caught up to him.

He stared me down making me a bit uncomfortable until he finally began to move before I could ask why he stopped in the first place.

He walked towards me and took Shiemi off my back and on to his, I sighed a bit in relief as he was already walking again.

With him carrying Shiemi now his pace didn't slacken much but at least I was a bit quicker on my feet.

Once we entered the woods it was extremely hard to see with so many trees and clouds covering up the moonlight.

I had to follow close behind and focus on the sound of his footsteps, he suddenly stopped and began looking around in confusion. This isn't good we have to hurry but where do we go from here?

"What's wrong?" I asked reaching for my gun incase another demon were to appear.

He simply spun around and kept looking around until he finally said something. "They should be right here but I don't see anything, man this is frustrating!" He said getting impatient.

He sort of reminds me of Rin in a way, speaking of which I hope he's alright. No wait, I have to focus on the task at hand.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked since what he was saying didn't make much sense to me.

"What I'm saying is their scent leads here but I don't see them." he replied looking around some more in different poses careful not to drop Shiemi.

This was strange, where could they be? I began to think and looked up towards the sky when I saw something in the trees.

"Hey, what are those?" I asked pointing to them.

I got Natsu's attention as he stepped closer to where I was and looked up to the strange object in the trees.

"Guess there's only one way to find out,here hold this" he turns around to hand Shiemi over calling her 'this'.

"Eh what are you-" he put Shiemi in my arms and started climbing one of the trees like some kind of animal, what's with this guy? He really isn't human.

"Y-Yuki?" I heard a soft voice call for me, when I looked down I saw that Shiemi was finally awake.

"Oh Shiemi, it's good to see you're awake. How do you feel? Does anything still hurt?" I asked putting her down gently.

"I'm fine but, what are we doing out here?" She asked looking around.

"HEY YUKIO" I heard Natsu yell from the tree tops. I looked up and saw him swinging from the block in the sky, it turned out to be some sort of cage.

"There's not a lot of time to explain, but we have to look for everyone within the hour." I said still looking up.

"What happens if we don't?" She asked with a worried expression.

I pointed my gun up at Natsu and took aim "They die" I pulled the trigger and watched the bullet pass Natsu and hit the chain the cage was hanging by.