Chapter 8

Yukio's POV

It's been over an hour and there haven't been any signs of demons or the end of this tunnel.

Just how long is this going to take?

I've been walking for a while in the dark when I noticed some lights above me.

The lights seemed to continue on for the rest of the tunnel.

How strange, who would start putting lights up this far into the tunnel?

I chose to ignore this and keep going until the tunnel started to curve and I saw the path had split into two.

I stopped and looked up at the two options.

On the left it read "demon" while on the right it read "fairy".

Which one am I supposed to take? I mean I am a demon looking for another demon so maybe I should go there?

I thought about this a bit longer before taking a step into the "demon" side.

As soon as I walked in a door quickly slammed shut behind me making me jump and closing off my way back.

Of course Mephisto would make a game out of a mission...

I looked around noticing how damp the tunnel was.

I started to walk when I slipped on something, I landed on my back and sat up quickly.

I put one hand on the wall to help myself get up.

What was that?

I looked down to see slushy water all over the ground.

I guess I went the wrong way but it's not like I can turn back now.

I tried my best to walk on the few dry spots that I could find here and there.

I kept walking for a while as a chill went down my spine and I hugged my jacket tighter.

Did it just get a lot colder in here?

I ignored the thought and figured It was normal since I'm underground.

I tried to ignore the cold and keep going but that proved to be a bit harder than I thought.

I need to get a grip a little cold never hurt anyone.

I wonder how Rin is doing.

I pulled out my phone to try and send a message when it notified me that I had no service.

Figures.

Even if I did I shouldn't use this during a mission. I put my phone away and kept walking.

I took a deep breath and sighed when I noticed that I could see my breath.

Guess It really is cold in here.

I continue to slip every once in a while. it's not like my shoes can be the problem and water isn't that slippery if you're careful.

I watch my feet with every step I take when I notice it really isn't water.

I crouched down and touch the cold hard substance.

"Is this ice?" I ask myself out loud

I then heard footsteps coming faintly meaning who ever or whatever was far away.

But by the sound of it they were coming quickly. Running even.

I immediately got up and aimed my gun ahead of me prepared for anything.

Their footsteps grew louder and louder until they finally stopped.

I lowered my gun still unable to identify whatever was ahead of me due to the dim lighting and distance.

It was quiet.

I took a step forward when I heard "ice make-floor" Echo a bit. The next thing I knew it there was more ice than before.

The whole floor was covered and there were icicles everywhere.

Whoever started coming at me when I saw it was a guy.

He was practically naked with bandages around his torso and a necklace.

Is he crazy?!

He was skidding on the ice and stopped about 10 feet away from me and looked at me.

I pointed my gun back at him when I noticed the symbol on his chest matched the one Mephisto showed us.

This must be the demon.

"Hmmm" he studied me looking up and down.

"You don't look like a demon to me" he said.

"I should say the same for you" I answered.

He looks more human than anything else.

"Huh?" He looked confused for a bit then shook it off.

"Where are your clothes?" I asked keeping eye contact with my gun still pointed at him.

"My wha-?" He looked down as if he just noticed this then jumped."Ah crap not again!" He yelled

What's with this guy?

He was freaking out and looking around for something when he turned his back to me.

Nows my chance.

I pulled the trigger and let my gun go off to get this mission over with hitting my target in the shoulder.

"GAH!" He exclaimed before falling over.

As my gun went off the floor underneath us fell as if it were a trapdoor.

I looked up to see him on the floor somehow healing his wound with his hand.

With nothing but the ice to support our weight I shot the ground to fall before he got a chance to get back up.

With that we both fell into the unknown.

------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update and short chapters!

Just needed to get those last two out of the way the rest will be better!

I will be updating soon and thank you all for reading~

comment and vote