8.

2011
June 3

Justice
"Hey babe!" Anika screamed from downstairs.

"What?!" I was already annoyed because I was up all night sick and taking care of Kobi and now she wants to bother me while I'm trying to take a nap.

"Aye quit it with all that attitude nobody told you to be up all fucking night Justice." Anika said walking into the room.

"Hold the fuck up cause I know you didn't just- Anika sweetie let me break it down for you. I am pregnant with your baby who by the way kept me up all night and Kobi who's a spoiled ass brat because of you! And you know what else? Your ass was in here knocked the fuck out!"

I was up out of the bed by then, "Baby just calm down okay-"

"Calm down.... calm down?! Anika I'm not calmed up, I'm tired as hell! This shit is draining and you're not supporting me!" Anika walked over and wiped my tears for me pulling me into a hug.

"Baby I'm sorry okay I'll try to be better okay? I think you'd be better if you go talk to your parents." She eased into the second part of her statement making me push her away.

"No! I will not." I said walking downstairs into the kitchen. "Baby you haven't spoken to them since you guys came back from Maryland... maybe that's why Kobi is acting up."

"Look did you want to take her be my fucking guest but I'm not going over there."

"Justice what the hell happened? You never told me and you refused to call Janet for her birthday.... and send any kind of gift to her."

"This shit ain't about Janet it's about her wife! Swear it's the same shit over and over and she swears it's never gonna happen again and it does!"

"Baby please go talk to them I'll go get Kobi-"

"What the fuck did I just say?! You take her! Leave me the hell alone I'm going back to sleep."

Janet
"Ms. Janet I don't know what happened on the trip you guys took but I think she needs to speak with you guys. She's been real angry since she's been back and she won't talk to me. I know she's hard to work with and I'm really trying here but if she cusses me out one more time today someone's not going to make it through the night."

Out of nowhere Anika called me while I was trying to make the kids a snack while Toni was napping. Which was weird because I haven't seen or heard from Justice in almost two months and I know why but this shit is getting out of hand. Justice is to old for her to keep running away.... now I know I did it for a while but I've changed.

"Anika I'll be over give me a couple minutes." I hung up the phone and finished making their snack. Once they finished I told them to go upstairs and keep Toni company until I got back.

Anika and Justice live about 45 minutes away but I cut that shit down to 20 minutes. I didn't even bother to knock on the door I used my key and went straight upstairs to their room.

"JUSTICE!" She was sleep facing away from the door so she didn't realize it was me. She didn't even move or flinch, so I grabbed the covers she was under and tossed them on the floor. 

"Anika! Didn't I tell you- oh shit." Justice sat up and back away from me and ended up on the other side of the bed.

"Yeah oh shit, Justice I need you to grow the fuck up. You can't keep doing this shit! You and Toni need to stop being sp fucking stubborn and bury this shit we ain't getting any younger, me and Toni could die any day shit you can die any day. You missed my birthday... you sister and brother miss you... Toni misses you.... I miss you. This is crazy y'all need to talk and with a therapist."

"Ma I-"

"I don't think it was a question Justice. Get your clothes on and put some shoes on, Kobi can stay here with Anika." I watched as she got her shoes and threw on a hoodie, after she was done she walked downstairs and grabbed her keys.

We were back to my house within a hour and I noticed the only light that was on in the house was our bedroom meaning she was watching tv or the kids was while she was sleep.

"When we get in here please try that's all I'm asking Justice. Y'all going to therapy regardless so the relationship will get better, but today I just need something."

no pov
Janet and Justice walked upstairs to the room and could hear Toni giving the twins a bath through the door.

"KJ don't splash any water on me! I'm gonna get you!" Toni screamed at her daughter who was dying laughing. Janet walked in the room and stood in the doorway of the bathroom smiling.

"Momma!" Kam screamed almost jumping out of the tub and in the process soaking Toni's clothes. Toni's anger was visible making Janet die in laughter.

"Hey baby! I got a surprise for you guys... come on get out." Janet dried Kam off while Toni dried KJ and while they were walking out they saw their surprise.

As much as the kids asked about Justice in the last two months when they finally saw her it was as if they didn't care or forgot about Justice, so there was no reaction.

"Hey my loves!" Justice beamed as she bent down to embrace them but they kept walking to their rooms. Janet followed behind them shaking her head.

"I'll let y'all talk alone."

___________
i'm trying y'all lol 🤸🏽‍♀️