25.

2011
December 27
Earlier that night
"I don't think she's going to make it! We've tried everything and she's not responding!"

"Should we just call it?"

"Sweetie we're trying everything to save you but you have to want to be saved. I need you to fight. I understand that you must be tired and I would be too but you can't leave the people you love here alone to tackle the rest of the word without you by their side." In that moment the entire OR was silenced as the EKG went flat.

"We are losing her... maybe we should just let her go? She's clearly made her decision. She's tired." After a few seconds the surgeon finally decided to call her time of death.

Leaving that OR and having to go tell her parent yet again that he'd lost another family member was weighing heavily on the surgeons heart. It took thirty minutes for the surgeon to pull themself together to deliver the news and when he made his way out to Jaiden he saw he had his son.

Rushing to put a sleeping Justin down in the seat Jaiden ran over to meet the surgeon but the look in his eyes was all Jaiden had to see to know that his daughter was no longer.

"I'm sorr-"

"No! Don't say it! Please don't finish that sentence. I'm tired of hearing that everything is going to be okay. It's not. I lost my wife and now my daughter? This shit will never be okay! All because a nigga wanted to drink and drive!"

Jaiden pushed past the surgeon and stormed out of the hospital leaving his son in the chair... alone.

Anika
"Toni?" Of course her ass would be lurking somewhere in the dark. For some reason she can't come to terms with me and Justice.

"Yes it's me. Who might you be?" She said approaching Amber. Amber looked to me for help but I couldn't respond because Justice walked in the door.

"Baby! Oh my god! They told me you wouldn't be waking up for a minute. When did you wake up?"

"Oh you should ask this young lady she was in here hugging her when I walked in." Toni said while looking the both of us up and down. 

"Toni I assure you that there is nothing going on with Amber and I

"Toni I assure you that there is nothing going on with Amber and I. We are actually.... uh cousins. Her mom is my aunt so we're actually first cousins. She's all alone here so she's my emergency contact and I'm her's. It also helps that we have the same blood type, so it just made sense."

"Well how come you've never mentioned her to me?" Justice asked with an attitude.

"How come you never asked me about my family?" I shot back at Justice. "I mean everything we talk about revolves around you, your family, and previous relationships we have no time to talk about me and my problems."

"Ba-baby let's not talk about this in front of them and you just woke up. It's not that important."

"Oh it's not important anymore because I'm telling the truth, but it was important when your mother brought it up?"